Jeyes Fluid...

• 9 Replies

pink-chicken

• Experienced Member
Jeyes Fluid...
« on: October 15, 2009, 09:49 »
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure... For keeping on top of red mite in the coop do you dilute Jeyes exactly as it states on the can or would you use it a little stronger or even neat?

Jan.

Foxy

Re: Jeyes Fluid...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 10:49 »
Personally if you already have a redmite infestation, IMO you are fighting a losing battle with Jeyes.
Invest in a combination approach to start off with. Poultry Sheild and Diatom powder, maybe add Duramitex plus to the worst bits. FICAM W is also good.The other thing you could add in your combination is painting the house with a creasote substitute, or any woodstain will help although alone these aproaches wont be enough.

Be aggressive with redmite if you have an infestation and use a combination of products, then falling back on just a spray of poultry Sheild and Diatom when you have them under control, by that I mean ELIMINATED.

Hope this helps! :)

pink-chicken

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 11:06 »
Thanks Foxy! It certainly does help as it's very much anti mite fighting talk LOL. Your positive post has made me feel that I will get rid of them and that I'm not fighting a losing battle, thank you  :)

Jan.x

grumpydad

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 16:26 »
i have a 1 litre spray bottle of poultry shield made up. and just give the perch and perch ends a quick spray everyother day or so as i poop scoop inside the coop, add diatom to the bedding and round the perch ends, so far so good,

martyn

markandsue

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 17:14 »
I clean out regular with Jeyes Fluid and have had no problems at all...

SMD66

• sunrise over the canal
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 17:16 »
jeyes fluid has a very strong smell which takes a lot of getting rid of, I would do as Foxy says and use poultry shield and diatom
Music self played is pleasure self made
Samantha :)

ehs284

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 17:40 »
If you are using Jeyes Fluid, it's a good idea to add detergent as it makes it 'wet' surfaces. I use a concoction of Jeyes or other strong disinfectant and detergent now and again to keep things generally 'clean', but use Poultry Shield as a specific against mites. HTH

karlooben

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 18:56 »
i use jeyes fluid as my main cleaner when i do a massive deep clean but now i have poulty shield { yes yes i finally brought some  :lol: } and i do that around the perch ends an the poo shelve every other day , i never realised how much germs that stuff can help to prevent .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Alby

• Experienced Member
    • Up the Bridal Path
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 19:40 »
 I am one VERY lucky chook keeper  :blink: Clean out each week , scrape out each morning , never used any chems and never a problem with Red Mite !!!

Where and how do these infestations come from ??

Alby
wish I was a cat

karlooben

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 20:07 »
they can come in from anywhere an anything wether it be a passig wild bird , a rat or mouse getting into the run , even we can carry these nasties on us when we entry in with our birds
. i have been dealing with horses for 26 yrs and i had never ever come across lice until this year on two of my older ponies thing is at the time my girls had lice as well so did i carry something from the horses to the girls or vice versa how would i ever tell  :blink:

xx
jeyes fluid

Started by flatcap on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 31, 2007, 08:33
by slowef
xx
Jeyes fluid

Started by Madrat on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post August 08, 2011, 11:38
by Tenhens
xx
Jeyes Fluid

Started by shell on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post July 08, 2009, 22:47
by Foxy
xx
Jeyes Fluid

Started by Blondie on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 05, 2007, 14:49
by muntjac

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 38 queries.