new driving rules [highway code]

• 22 Replies

Growster...

Re: new driving rules [highway code]
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2022, 17:07 »
Well, if anyone sees our yellow jackets around here over the next few weeks, it'll be our Speedwatch group out on the roads!

The schedule is being put together now, and the red speed indicator is primed and ready to go...

Our record is over 90 speeders in a 30mph zone, in one hour! 'Lunatic' best describes the morons who do this on one of the most dangerous bits of road we have!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2022, 00:20 »
Strikes me from what I'm hearing that some of these new rules are great examples of the road to Hell being paved with good intentions. Watched this video from a barrister about them the other day:
I Think ... This Will Be Chaos! Highway Code Priority Updates for Pedestrians, Cyclists, Road Users

Couldn't find anything about cars stopping and blocking the road as the drivers were having a chat - which has happened. Life moves at a gentler pace at times here :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2022, 08:04 »
All those possible permutations of chaos are about what went through my brain when reading about the new rules.  So the legal profession are similarly perplexed - hmmmmm  ::)

In practise, you could use common sense, wave across pedestrians and acknowledge other drivers, so they know what you are up to.  There is always the risk some idiot will then overtake you and turn into the road of course.

Same with cyclists.  Most are OK but some flout every road rule in the book, run lights and hop on and off pavements.  If they are conscious of other road and pavement users now, I am sure they will adapt and get by, same as car users who do actually watch out for them.  The idiots on either side will still be idiots.

It strikes me as an attempt to legislate against stupidity and we all know how well that usually goes …

rowlandwells

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2022, 20:36 »
I think we are all aware of bad driving out there however the original topic was really to find out if everyone was aware of the new rules and of course we all have you opinions on others using the public highways and the standard of driving that comes into play

I have to say more involvement by the police to make people uphold the law must be a priority to improve driving standards

and I know people do get frustrated when they see  drivers breaking the law and getting away with it and I can understand our members letting of steam on this topic

jezza

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2022, 11:31 »
Hello I've just been reading some of the new regulations,nothing about cyclists stopping at traffic  lights when they are on red  every weekend in summer cyclists ride 5 abreast and come round cars at the local bridge ,I mentioned to one of the cycle rorganisers about them stopping got a load of abuse and told that they were on a time  trial and have the right of way,  jezza

grinling

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2022, 18:32 »
car drives down a narrow road slowly,passes car park, turns around and parks partially on the pavement outside chip shop, next to entrance for large payable car park. Iceland driver, van opposite this car but legally parked,asks guy to move his car as it is an obstruction. Guy gets irate, shows his warrant card and has a go at the driver before going into the florist next door. Iceland driver takes photo of the car and calls 111 and makes a complaint. All this in front of witnesses.
Police rarely enforce rules here,lorries doing 60 with livestock on board!!!

rowlandwells

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2022, 15:04 »
 I have a strong views on this topic that things should improve where the legalities of bad driving together with driver behaviour should be enforced more by the police because there's to much intimidation from drivers who couldn't give a though for other road users through either ignorance or sheer disregard for the law

and that is most concerning reading your comments Grinling about someone in authority using there position of authority to go heavy handed or to intermediate another person who's only pointing out they shouldn't  be upholding the law more so in there position so I'm going to show your reply to a legal friend of ours who is in a position to look at what's said and give us his view and comment on this as that to me is a total misrepresentation of the position that person is in and fair play to you for mentioning that

jezza

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2022, 18:16 »
Hello hopefully these new regulations will make drivers aware of people working on bends,I've had 2cars hit me when I'm mowing verges ,I have signs up and a flashing red light on my back I had a lad run over by a speeding driver,I had men at work signs with grass cutting  statement boards on them and warning signs that strimmer training was taking place,I was stood on the road in a 30 mph zone with the lad working in front of me the car came round me and caught the strimmer spinning the lad round and knock him onto the verge   I knew the driver I mentioned to him later that it was 30mph zone he turned round and said it didn't count on a weekend it wad national speed limit    jezza

xx
Driving when banned

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post June 08, 2018, 14:21
by mrs bouquet
xx
Driving Licence

5 Replies
Last post July 02, 2020, 06:34
by GraciesGran
xx
driving licences

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post May 08, 2019, 21:09
by jezza
xx
Renewing my Driving Licence

6 Replies
Last post May 02, 2020, 14:40
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 44 queries.