Smelly new jacket

• 4 Replies

mrs bouquet

Smelly new jacket
« on: August 26, 2020, 14:51 »
I have just taken delivery of a new Fold-away waterproof jacket from Regatta, complete with a little bag to fold away into.   The smell of fish is overwhelming. I have zipped it up and turned it inside out and hung it outside.  Google says to wash it in pure soap-suds.   Regatta says to buy one of their anti-smell solutions !!!! didn't tell me that when I bought it !!!!
My soap powder is non-biological.  Do you think it will be alright to use this.    To be honest, I will not wear it as is anyway.  >:(  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Smelly new jacket
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 16:11 »
Have you tried spraying the insides with Febreeze?

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 16:51 »
If it's treated fabric it's probably better to persevere with the airing rather than risk affecting the waterproof qualities of the jacket by washing  - it's probably the reagents used in the production of the plastics, or even the waterproofing solution itself causing the smell, but it will disappear eventually (if you have the patience!  :unsure:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

greenjay

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 13:06 »
If you aren't happy with it  can't you   send it back?
surely you should  get postage refunded as the item is not  fit for purpose if you can't  wear it. they have admitted   that by offering to sell you their anti smell product.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 13:18 »
I could send it back,  but it such a hassle to get it delivered I cannot really be bothered.  It was very cheap in the sale.  Probably because it was smelly  ::)    The smell is greater inside than the outside, so I have zipped it and turned it inside-out and it is on a hanger in the fresh air.  But thanks anyway.   Mrs B

xx
Smelly Watering Cans

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post August 07, 2018, 13:41
by mrs bouquet
xx
Smelly rubber resistance band

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 30, 2018, 11:10
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 31 queries.