Broken the Covid Rules

• 98 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Broken the Covid Rules
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2020, 09:33 »
And now I'll be singing YMCA all day :)

It only counts if you do the arms over the head spelling it out bit you know  :lol:  Actually that might be a useful strategy.  Maybe I can spell out covid while chanting C O V I D, although I might have to borrow the melody from In The Navy to fit all the letters in  :unsure:  If nothing else, it might scare the 'don't care' brigade away from me  :lol:

here's your own special Clap from a grateful Growster...

Thank you Mr G  :D  That is lovely  :D

Most of our customers are great thank goodness.  The last screaming session I got treated to was last week from a woman who was terrorising another customer at the till by purposely getting too close, then was abusive to her and the cashier who stepped in to help.  I went to rescue them both and got both barrels at high volume and with plenty of aggression.  The original lady said thank you, then came back with a cake for each of us that she had patiently waited for at the bakers  :) 

There are lots of nice, considerate people out there, just keep safe everyone and suspect the worse until proved wrong.  It would be dreadful to get ill because of one idiot, after weeks of enduring being stuck at home.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2020, 13:26 »
It was funny to dance to YMCA and do the actions  8)   As I recall there were a few red faces in the USA. when "Join the Navy" was launched as a recruitment song for the  US Navy   :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2020, 13:29 »
Yes, it was a bit of a shock to the US Navy. Not quite the image they were looking to put forward.  :D :D
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Growster...

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2020, 14:19 »
The Billy Connolly came along and changed it all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtSbnql66j8

:0~

spottymint

• Experienced Member
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2020, 21:54 »
This has made me laugh..
Not been here for ages, working in the NHS hospital...can't distance, can't avoid covid patients in the coridors, can't avoid other staff, nothing at work has changed much ( not frontline)..
We go out to the shop, it's weird..this avoiding people.
I think the normality of work has kept me sane, I think we need to all do some normal stuff.
So long as we are sensible, I can't see any harm in it.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2020, 12:13 »
This has made me laugh..
Not been here for ages, working in the NHS hospital...can't distance, can't avoid covid patients in the coridors, can't avoid other staff, nothing at work has changed much ( not frontline)..
I think the normality of work has kept me sane, I think we need to all do some normal stuff.

Sorry but I do see harm in it.  Someone I work with has just lost a family member.  They were very elderly and had a lot of underlying health issues.  They also insisted on a daily trip to the shops for a newspaper and then another to pick up odds and ends, even though their family were getting their supplies in for them.  I hope I would be lucky if I got sick as I am not that old and enjoy good health, but what if I'm not lucky ...  even worse, what if I don't show any signs of illness, then infect someone else's grandparent   :(

Medical treatment is an essential.  Crowding in on people in shops is not.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2020, 14:16 »
Couldn’t agree with you more, New Shoot !

al78

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2020, 15:02 »
This has made me laugh..

Sorry but I do see harm in it.  Someone I work with has just lost a family member.  They were very elderly and had a lot of underlying health issues.  They also insisted on a daily trip to the shops for a newspaper and then another to pick up odds and ends, even though their family were getting their supplies in for them.  I hope I would be lucky if I got sick as I am not that old and enjoy good health, but what if I'm not lucky ...  even worse, what if I don't show any signs of illness, then infect someone else's grandparent   :(

Medical treatment is an essential.  Crowding in on people in shops is not.

No need to crowd in on people in shops. The shops I use have separation measures in place, which are effective at keeping people segregated.

In the end, we are going to have to make some effort to relax restrictions. We can't live like this forever, unless you want a potentially massive mental health crisis on your hands. For those of us who don't live with loved ones, we are effectively banned from any physical contact, including showing affection to our loved ones. If you have a husband or wife to come home too every day you have forgotten what that feels like. In my case, I live alone and social life and human interaction was meaningful and a great emotional boost. That has now been taken away. If I was very heartless, I could claim that it is again pandering to old people at the expense of everyone else (old people are a  key to government power in the UK), but I don't believe that and think such an attitude is going too far.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2020, 16:48 »
al78: In my case, I live alone and social life and human interaction was meaningful and a great emotional boost. That has now been taken away. If I was very heartless, I could claim that it is again pandering to old people at the expense of everyone else (old people are a  key to government power in the UK), but I don't believe that and think such an attitude is going too far.
If you don't believe it -why mention it?
This virus doesn't only affect older people, youngsters are also dying/being severely damaged as well.
Whichever party was in power, there would still have been a lockdown - as other countries have proved, so I don't see why you need mention this.
Site policy is
political comments are definitely not permitted
so please can everybody avoid them, particularly in this thread which is very emotive, because of the subject matter.
Thank you :)

jezza

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2020, 17:42 »
Hello I work out side all day has any one any thing to say about that I cut grass for a parish council there was an issue at beginning of April that's been sorted as long as i social distance  wash the machinery down before and after starting work and have a different pair of gloves for each machine  they see no problems  with me working  jezza

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2020, 17:50 »
Well, as long as you aren't coming into close contact with other people, it sounds perfectly safe to me :)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2020, 20:15 »
Hello I work out side all day has any one any thing to say about that I cut grass for a parish council there was an issue at beginning of April that's been sorted as long as i social distance  wash the machinery down before and after starting work and have a different pair of gloves for each machine  they see no problems  with me working  jezza
Obviously not a job you can do from home and you're taking all reasonable precautions to avoid being infected or spreading so great. They don't want to stop the economy, just stop the virus. If everything stops we're going to be in deep manure, taking our pounds in a wheelbarrow to buy a loaf of bread.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2020, 20:34 »
My OH also works outside Jezza and has just gone back to doing jobs. He is being really careful like you are.

Just make sure you wash your hands after working and especially before you eat or drink anything.  You need to stay safe as well as everyone else around you  :) 

Growster...

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2020, 20:42 »
You don't need to be an 'expert', a 'scientist', a 'politician', when there's enough info around from normal sources, to tell you that there's a dangerous world out there, so try and take some responsibility for yourself, your own family, and also the rest of the people you make contact with.

I'm sorry for citizens in cities who have nowhere to go. This site is a place for gardeners, growers, new lovers of their plots, and best of all, real 'online' chums. We're all in it together and if I want to argue politics, failure, disgrace, losers etc, I'll go to Guido or others to vent my spleen, but never here, unless someone is just so 'ornery' and I get fed up, so I'd probably then shut up, which hasn't actually happened at all in the last few years... (I did get ticked off by DD a long, long way back, and I was totally in the wrong - never forgot that Dave, thank you)!

This site isn't in lockdown, we're all in this place together, growing, learning, clapping, laughing - whatever, so, as far as I'm concerned, it stays that way!

Better days on the horizon - sermon finished..;0)

chrissie B

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2020, 23:45 »
I know how you feel I went to b and m few weeks ago walked the man on the door was very snotty it was my first visit in the lock down so little rusty on their rules next thought I would got to little asda just around the corner cue so went on to lidl just passed the asda I  was looking for bread flour none of course but encountered my second little Hitler of the day by the time I got home I was almost in  tears and exhausted,  I have managed to get some flour with the help of daughter   going to docks tomorrow so will pop into morrisons see what I can get .
Chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

xx
Allotment hedges - rules

Started by robinahood on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post July 03, 2018, 18:45
by robinahood
xx
Pooh Sticks - they've changed the rules!

Started by DanielCoffey on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post August 18, 2019, 14:38
by mumofstig
xx
new driving rules [highway code]

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

22 Replies
Last post February 12, 2022, 18:16
by jezza
xx
Have you had Covid

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

63 Replies
Last post July 24, 2022, 23:20
by John

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 52 queries.