Broken the Covid Rules

• 98 Replies

mrs bouquet

Broken the Covid Rules
« on: May 03, 2020, 16:50 »
By 2pm I was so bored, I just didn't know what to do next.    I was anxious that my car needed a run to top up the battery.   Off I went.  First stop, a family run  nursery, which I had been vaguely told was orders only.
Hallo,   (I have been going there for years)     What do I do to get two Black Susan Plants ?     You come in now, and I'll get them, as there is nobody here.    I wrapped my scarf around my face.  £4.00.  I threw a £5 in a tub of disinfectant, and she gave me back a disinfected £1.       Next, I went for a drive around Asda Carpark.
There seemed to be a few cars in there, but no queue.   I don't know their rules.
Then I went to a Farm Shop, which is a very big PYO.   Had a good mooch around the plant section, with wrapped face. There were about 10 people in there.     So loads of room to negotiate trollys.
Bought a white New Guinea Impatien, which I gave a special place for.  Also a nice fat tray of Calabracheo.
mixed colours.  Then bought some plums, some mustard and cress, a bottle of Hot Chilli dipping sauce, and a frozen meal for tomorrow.
But most importantly,  It lifted my boredom, and tomorrow more plants to do.    My self-worth has raised, and I actually felt like a human being again.  I haven't told my daughter as she will go ape.  But she wouldn't have done those errands for me !!
I wont make a habit of it,   I know it was naughty, but I do feel better for it.   Next shop is booked for 1 weeks time at good old Sainsbury.   (why are people having a problem with booking slots, I don't)
Dinner is nearly cooked, and then it is the lovely Marc Warren playing a very delicious and cynical Van Der Valk.   -   Bring it on.    :) :)  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

GraciesGran

Re: Broken the Covid Rules
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 17:26 »
Yes, but look what it's done for your mood!!!  You haven't done anyone any harm and you've done yourself a whole load of good.  Elderly neighbour is not meant to be out because of her age, she walks her dog every morning at about 6am for an hour, she maintains that what her son doesn't know can't harm him. 

grinling

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 23:22 »
bloke across the road has had 3 deliveries from Tesco....he still works but know someone there.
Iceland opens slots at 10 online and you can have same day in store
boredom is the worse

al78

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 23:46 »
Yes, but look what it's done for your mood!!!  You haven't done anyone any harm and you've done yourself a whole load of good.  Elderly neighbour is not meant to be out because of her age, she walks her dog every morning at about 6am for an hour, she maintains that what her son doesn't know can't harm him.

Walking a dog at 6am shouldn't be risky to anyone including the dog walker. I don't think very many people are up and about at that time, so should be easy to find very quiet routes.

I think common sense and initiative needs to be applied in preference to draconian black and white rules in some cases, in fact individual police officers have been criticised on over applying the lockdown rules.

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 07:15 »
It's becoming very 'British', to just say to one's self, 'Oh "*" this, I'm just going to abide by the main rules, but make them suit me, not every idiot they're made for.

We're the same here, we have a designated chum as a 'helper', and she's marvellous, but I just can't ask her to get a boot-load of groceries, it's not the way we work!

So well done you, Mrs B! CLAP CLAP CLAP!

I reckon we're capable of making big decisions ourselves, and while I'm still worried about catching anything, I'll do it my way with all the precautions - and it was Mrs Growster who actually started me thinking  too...

jmc1949

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 08:56 »
I'm the same Mrs B, I broke the rules last Saturday morning. My husband has to be shielded because of illness and I decided I wasn't going out and bringing the virus back home. I hadn't even been to my allotment. But on Saturday at 6 am I decided I needed to get out and went for an hour to the allotment. I didn't do much, saw no-one but it just a relief not to be confined to the house.

GraciesGran

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 09:09 »
It's not just our physical health that is important  our mental well being is too.  Sometimes it just needs a tiny act of rebellion to keep everything on track.  An early morning visit to the allotment will be of more benefit to you and your husband than anything that your doctor could prescribe.  Stay safe everyone, we will get through this and party afterwards!!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 10:37 »
Allotment visits are allows any way.

I hope you stay well Mrs B, and didn’t bring home more than you bought.   :ohmy:

We don’t want a second wave of infection and thousands more deaths.

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 19:54 »
A canal path  near us has been 'signed ' with distance warning signs , stopped using it as was getting busy not just walkers but people on bikes who don't use their bells as they approach .  >:( >:( A couple of near misses and irresponsible dog owners .

Have found alternative places to exercise which judging by the tails of our four legged friends they like too. :) :)
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

mrs bouquet

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 20:24 »
Just a walk round the village today.  I go in the lunch-time, so don't normally see anybody.  Then home to the safety of my lovely little garden  :)

Glosterboy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2020, 21:44 »
Just a walk round the village today.  I go in the lunch-time, so don't normally see anybody.  Then home to the safety of my lovely little garden  :)

STAY AT HOME, PROTECT THE NHS, SAVE LIVES

What of these three phases don't you understand? Currently there are potentially 28K+ families who are grieving because of a loved one lost because of Covid 19. A virus spread by person to person. And these same persons clapping there hands at 8pm on a Thursday in appreciation of the brave, very brave personnel of the NHS. Hypocritical!!!! 

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2020, 22:33 »

That’s a more sensible choice than yesterday’s shopping trip, Mrs B. :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2020, 22:53 »

STAY AT HOME, PROTECT THE NHS, SAVE LIVES

What of these three phases don't you understand? Currently there are potentially 28K+ families who are grieving because of a loved one lost because of Covid 19. A virus spread by person to person. And these same persons clapping there hands at 8pm on a Thursday in appreciation of the brave, very brave personnel of the NHS. Hypocritical!!!!
The rules do allow people out for a walk, for exercise. So today Mrs B was within the rules :)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2020, 23:51 »
You know we live in one of the most beautiful parts of the world, we have 3 acres of land to walk in and the highlight of the last few weeks was a trip to Tesco for a click and collect. It's really tougher than I thought being under house arrest - which isn't imposed by the government, it's imposed by a virus.
Staying at home will save lives, most often your own life. So before breaking the rules, ask yourself "Do I feel lucky?"
Sorry to go all 'Nanny knows best' (with a bit of Dirty Harry) but it's really about keeping yourself safe. We don't have enough friends that we can afford to lose any.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

al78

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2020, 00:48 »
I reckon we're capable of making big decisions ourselves,

If you are talking about individuals, then not when it comes to national interests we are not. Humans are notoriously selfish and will prioritise their own needs even if that means dumping costs and/or risk on others. That is one primary reason why civilised countries have laws and regulations, to protect and compensate people from harm caused by others. It is why we have lockdown in a pandemic.

xx
Allotment hedges - rules

Started by robinahood on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post July 03, 2018, 18:45
by robinahood
xx
Pooh Sticks - they've changed the rules!

Started by DanielCoffey on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post August 18, 2019, 14:38
by mumofstig
xx
new driving rules [highway code]

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

22 Replies
Last post February 12, 2022, 18:16
by jezza
xx
Do you know anyone that has gotten the COVID jab yet?

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

115 Replies
Last post May 30, 2021, 13:39
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 54 queries.