Bullied hen ?

• 1 Replies

mollymuggles

Bullied hen ?
« on: November 03, 2013, 15:08 »
Hi all dont know if one of my girls is being bullied.They all are very friendly but one as started to run away from me. At first i thought she was in moult ,her neck is short spikes with no feathers, we only got chickens in June so dont know what they look like in moult if shes getting picked on is they anyway i can stop this? She is one of eleven and the only one looking like this. many thanks mollymuggles :(

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Bullied hen ?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 15:19 »
Hi mollymuggles, it does sound as if she is moulting from what you have said.  The new feathers emerge from spikey quills.  The are not keen at being picked up when the new feathers are forming as it can be painful for them so that might be why she is keeping her distance.  Try to entice her closer with a treat so that you can get a closer look and just check she has no injuries as the other hens might peck at the newly forming feathers.   ;)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

xx
so im being bullied already

Started by greenmiranda on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post March 11, 2008, 20:28
by Aunt Sally
xx
One hen being bullied

Started by AbbyB on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 29, 2024, 20:09
by jaydig
xx
being bullied

Started by prettychick on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post November 11, 2011, 16:23
by prettychick
xx
One hen being bullied

Started by Pepperpincushion on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 04, 2012, 15:19
by Pepperpincushion

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 38 queries.