Garden trolley's

• 12 Replies

LILLILEAF

Garden trolley's
« on: December 29, 2019, 19:54 »
HI Every one
 Does any one use a trolley or cart to take all their stuff round their allotment or garden, can you recommend a make or model there are so many to choose from in price and build. help please.Lillileaf

snowdrops

Re: Garden trolley's
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 20:08 »
I just use the wheel barrow, but keep considering a 4 wheel trolley to trundle to the allotment that is 5 minutes away
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

LILLILEAF

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 20:41 »
I forgot to mention I use a hiking stick in the left hand to steady my self, having different length legs after 2 hip replacements I am not what you say balanced :lol:,so using a cart to put my tools etc in would be brilliant I think it would save many journey's to and fro, when I forget some thing which is the usual thing as I can only carry so much in 1 hand.Lillileaf

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 21:49 »
How would a wheelbarrow with 2 wheels work for you, would that help balance you so you didn’t need your stick

LILLILEAF

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 21:59 »
some thing I can pull behind me seems to work very well, and be very useful. I will have my right arm free to pull a trolley or cart :D.
Just because I have  mobility issues its not going to stop me going in my garden, it may take a little longer but I will get there in the end :)Lillileaf.

jezza

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 19:47 »
Hello Two WestsAnd Elliot have a poly propylene bodied 4 wheel tipping cart  jezza

jezza

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 19:55 »
Hello I've just looked in a  Draper Tools catalogue there's 3 gardeners carts  in it 2 have mesh sidesone plastic if you have a Draper Tools supplier near you ask them to get you one  look on Draper web site first I can give you the catalogue numbers if you need them  jezza

jezza

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 09:03 »
Hello if you have a rotavator that can take drive wheels you could hitch a small trolley to it and ride down to your allotment it would need tax and insurance if the wheels are cleated it can be classed as a small tractor you will also need tractor classification on your driving licence especially if you do more than 12 miles an hour.jezza

rowlandwells

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 16:28 »
I often use our tractor and trailer to take things down the allotments like the rotavator tools unfortunately the wife can't ride on the trailer its against the law as is riding on the tractor without a seat although I have been many miles sat on the tractor mudguard in my younger days but health and safety has stopped all that because of serious accidents that have happened in the past but you tend not to think of these things when your young and foolish

if the field is dry leading to the allotments then I can take our estate car to the allotments gate with tools and our mantis tiller as well as plants as we live about a mile from the allotments its a bit to far to push a barrow

some years ago a man made a trailer to go behind his garden machine [iron horse] and fixed a seat on the trailer the downside was it had no brakes but in those days there wasn't the traffic in the village as there is today  he had no tax no insurance no brakes and a very friendly village bobby a few cabbage  a few spuds those where the days not what you know but who you know  :lol:

there are some very good trolley's out there but they need pulling home made trolley's are the best all you need is a set of pram wheels and a good strong wooden box fix a couple of handles and there you go an instant trolley cheep and cheerful  :D :D :D

Growster...

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2020, 06:37 »
Some years ago, we had a trolley similar to this one, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty-Large-Garden-Trolley-Cart-Truck-4-Wheel-Transport-Metal-Wheelbarrow.

We used it to pull a rotary mower the half mile or so to The Patch, and it worked quite well, but was a bit heavy coming back, which may be a problem for you.

Eventually, we bought a powered mower, so I'd start that up and 'drive' it home, and the trolley really became redundant.

Just before Christmas, I left it (at the dead of night) with a new volunteer gardening group who want all this sort of stuff, and hope they can keep it dry (it does rust easily)!

LILLILEAF

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2020, 14:59 »
Thank you for all your information on trolleys, my allotment area is only about a minutes walk from the house, my thinking about a trolley was to save countless journeys back and forwards.
I think I will go for the plastic top nothing to rust and I can use it to carry compost,all the muck and straw from the chickens and it won't drop every where, plus it is easy to wash out and keep clean I will be able to store under cover out of the weather.it will be such a time saver. thanks Lillileaf

LILLILEAF

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 14:23 »
Hi Everyone
   After much reading and research and looking at reviews I have finally bought a garden trolley/cart, I have chosen one with 125L top I did look at the 75L ones but I thought I would hate to buy one that is to small, plus it has a thick plastic top which can be kept clean just by washing.
This will be so useful like an extra pair of hands, plus less journeys back and forth to fetch what I cannot carry.Lillileaf

xx
Garden Trolley

Started by trev_pulsecity on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post May 21, 2011, 12:44
by trev_pulsecity
xx
WheelBarow or Trolley Cart

Started by Kevin S on Equipment Shed

14 Replies
Last post December 03, 2009, 10:21
by Gwiz
xx
Garden Shredder

Started by jaycee on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post September 12, 2006, 17:31
by jaycee
xx
Garden Shredders

Started by Gleavo on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post August 16, 2012, 14:27
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 38 queries.