Baytril

• 12 Replies

nzdunn

Baytril
« on: August 27, 2009, 16:06 »
Ive got to go and collect some baytril from the vets tonite as two of my 3 hens have a runny nose, its not that bad atall but would rather treat as they have been like it for a few days.   In themselves there grand, laying no probs very active, bright red combs etc, now my question is having never administerd baytril to a hen before, the vet said it was fine to put into water but is it more effective to dose them indiviadually or ok to just put in water.   Nickyx

iwantanallotment

Re: Baytril
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 16:58 »
I'd dose individually Nicky, so you are sure each hen is getting its share.  An easy way is to pop it on some food/tidbits for each one separately.

Hope they're better soon, there's an awful lot of it about.

nzdunn

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 17:17 »
arh thanks for that thats a better idea then to put it on something, could you pop it on abit of bread do you reckon, i love my hens dearly but i dont want to start grabbing them and putting stuff down their throats, im not that experienced.     Nickyx

iwantanallotment

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 17:24 »
Yes Nicky, that would be great soaked into bread.
I put Orchid's onto a few grains of sweetcorn and mix it in, that way I know she's getting all of her dose cos she polishes off every scrap. But anything they enjoy will work  :)

nzdunn

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 17:42 »
your a star thanks very much for that,   nickyx

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 18:16 »
Dont forget that whilst your treating and for 7 days after you cant eat the eggs!  :( when my girls had baytril earlier this year there was only 6 of them but i threw away over 100 eggs!  :wacko:

Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nzdunn

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 23:44 »
yeah the vet told me about that, im only getting 2 eggs a day, but still thats alot to us, luckily my barnevelder is too young.   Nickyx

dizzylizzie

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 08:54 »
Hi Nicky, one of ours has had that AB. the vet said it was very bitter and suggested mixing it with a tiny amount of fruit juice....we actually squirted it inside a few dried cranberries....but watch your fingers :D :D. good luck x

nzdunn

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 09:47 »
well that was fun, trying to makesure i didnt double dose hahahahahah, winnies fine cause she comes into the kitchen, so she got her bit of bread, the other two well think they got a piece each, they tend to leg it off down the garden at a 100 miles an hour, they took the bread ok but i know it taste rotten as i give baytril to my guinea pigs as and when they need it and they hate it, they pull right faces.   My chickens are far to greedy for their own good, dont think they care wot it tastes like as long as its going down their throat. :D :D :D :D  nickyx

dizzylizzie

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 09:56 »
Dont you just love it when they leg it down the garden with grub in their mouths...so funny :D x

iwantanallotment

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 10:06 »
My chickens are far to greedy for their own good, dont think they care wot it tastes like as long as its going down their throat. :D :D :D :D  nickyx

:D So true! Orchid gobbles up her Baytril-soaked corn like it's the most delicious thing on earth, I don't think it's in her beak long enough to taste it  :D

They are soooo funny with food as you say dizzylizzie.

Glad you got it down them ok Nicky, it comes in useful sometimes that they're greedy doesn't it?  :D

nzdunn

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 10:42 »
definatley agree with you,  will have to do it abit better tomorrow, i asked hubby if we could buy winnie a little basket for the kitchen as shes alwasy in but he said a big fat NO!!!!!, why do hubbys always ruin it  :tongue2:   nickyx

dizzylizzie

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 11:05 »
ignore him...simples :D
could you gwt a basket for another purpose ? say for keeping veg /potatoes in....thats what i did...henrietta loves it ;)...havng said that my other half loves my girls as much as me

xx
Baytril

Started by NormandyMary on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post October 25, 2010, 18:21
by Aunt Sally
xx
Baytril

Started by Tazzy on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post February 19, 2011, 07:53
by Tazzy
xx
where do i get baytril from

Started by Rita on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post October 22, 2011, 16:30
by Topscaff
xx
Baytril antiobiotic

Started by upert on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post September 20, 2009, 08:42
by chickenlady

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 39 queries.