conspiring against me

• 4 Replies

ilan

• Experienced Member
conspiring against me
« on: April 05, 2017, 20:38 »
I think i am very lucky living in the country side . The vegetable plot is just at the bottom of the garden However it has its down side All the wild life comes around for lunch or midnight snacks whilst expose a bit or bare earth turn your back and some uninvited plant take up residence . So this year I decided to take a break from large scale growing , cover the plots in card board and cover with grass cuttings to kill of the weeds . and just have a small plot to grow a few bits . Well The  cook at work gave me two large bags of green potatoes that were well chitted  normaly I grow only seed potatoes but these have two chances so I planted them just 9 ins apart but they still took up a lot of space I will cover them with some grass cuttings a let them get on with it . next Mum in law passed away at the end of last year , she was 93 and had taken to her bed a couple of years earlier . We gave away most of her garden stuff , But i brought home a box of old chemicals string ect so today I thought i would use some of the old weed killer .But in the bottom of the box I found a  biscuit tin  in contained dozens of unopened pakets of seeds many up  to 10 years out of date well I just had to plant many of them so if any grow it looks like The dinner table will be fully open again for the locals  :D ;)
This is the first age that has ever paid much attention to the future which is ironic since we may not have one !(Arthur c Clarke)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: conspiring against me
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 22:09 »
 :lol: :lol:

You love it, really!

Paul Plots

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 00:58 »
Good luck with the seeds and the spuds!

My three little plots are at the bottom of the garden too. Handy but I miss my trips to the allotment plot. The soil was sooo much better, the change of scenery lovely, the clang of the outer gate a release from worries and the company of others a pleasant occasional extra.. It was heaven = peaceful.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

snow white

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 09:43 »
You have to admit the addiction of gardening.  How many of you can not get excited when you find a box with seed packets inside unopened.  I go through each one, it is like Christmas, only better.

Paul Plots

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 22:27 »
You have to admit the addiction of gardening.  How many of you can not get excited when you find a box with seed packets inside unopened.  I go through each one, it is like Christmas, only better.

Even more so when you appear to have run out of something then find two packets in another box and something else you'd forgotten all about as happened to me today.

All sown!! :)

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 41 queries.