A friend in need.

• 3 Replies

Goosegirl

A friend in need.
« on: December 20, 2023, 09:24 »
Last week my dear friend who I've known for about 45 years came round. Her brother-in-law has terminal lung cancer and also had an extremely painful foot infection which had gone into his bones. She said their daughter has damp problems in their home and were looking to buy a de-humidifier. Suddenly my brain went PING! I've got one upstairs that isn't being used so just take it for them. Later on, I emailed her and said you can download the manual. She replied and said that she'd done that but did I have the actual manual? I went into my instructions file and - lo and behold - it was actually there instead of being sent into a black hole somewhere, so I said I'd got it and when can you call to pick it up. At that time I'd forgotten I'd mentioned that I would like some simple multi-coloured fairy lights by my window as I love them, but wasn't bothering with decs this year because my husband is in a nursing home and all I'd done was to get out my Royal Dalton Snowman figurine where he's flying with the little boy and a model taxi with a tree and presents. She came round on Monday complete with a pair of stepladders, some ties and a string of multi-coloured fairy lights which she put up for me. The de-humidifier is doing a great job, and my lights are now  plugged into a timer and shining bright. Doesn't it feel good to help someone out!  :mad:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: A friend in need.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 16:40 »
Sounds as though you helped each other out  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 06:36 »
There's a 'warm glow' somewhere here, which is just marvellous, especially around now!

And you've now given me an idea about using the de-humidifier too! (Spare room - washing drying frames - condensation...)!

Hey Ho!

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 09:03 »
You're all spreading a warm glow and I've another one to share. Another dear friend called Sylvia who is 86 had to move from her old cottage to Grange-over-Sands to be nearer her rellies. She's the most beautiful lady but finding it hard as she doesn't feel it's her "home" (if you know what I mean).  She rang me yesterday as I'd sent her a card with a pic I took years ago of her and her late husband where she's wearing her pinny and he has his slippers on and it just sums them up so well, and she loved it. She has been saying prayers and lighting candles for me in her local RC church so there's even more warm glows going around and to share yet again.  :)

xx
My four legged friend comes to stay

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post November 12, 2018, 22:09
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 43 queries.