guinea pig help please...now with photos

• 21 Replies

dizzylizzie

Re: guinea pig help please...now with photos
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 09:56 »
Hi, well we phoned animal sanctuarys to within an hours drive of us to try and find some boys. Alot of the RSPCA re-homing centres were closed over Christmas, but others i spoke to didnt have what we were looking for. I then spoke to a lovely lady in Warrington who only rescues piggies, she said not to get a little one the same age as they would reach maturity at the same time, and then they would probably fight. She said in her opinion, we has 2 choices, risk an older male, who would obviously be the boss, or wait until we could get him neutered, then we could introduce any amount of girls to him without a problem. As there are lots of girls in rescue centres waiting for new homes, that solves 2 problems. So thanks for the advice everyone, we are really grateful :happy: :happy:

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 10:56 »
I was wondering whether to mention the need for Carlos to be neutered to avoid a population explosion of piggies  if you get him lots of females for company :lol: :lol: :lol: They do 'start' young  ;) ;)

He is really gorgeous isn't he  :D :D

We kept gps for years n' years and males seem to fight if they can scent females, but otherwise were OK. It seems others have had different expereinces though. Your plan sounds great   :) :) :) and the best of both worlds. :)
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

dizzylizzie

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 11:15 »
Hi, Everything that comes into this house is neutered, spayed. The sanctuaries are filled with more than enough animals to convince me not to let mine have babies.Years ago, just after we were married, we let our rabbit have a litter.....never again. We knew some of the families that the babies went to , and within a few months of them going to their new homes he novelty had worn off and our poor babies were stuck in a cage, we swore blind we would never do it again. We ended up giving refunds to 3 people and taking the rabbits back. soooo, for us this is the best option. With the information we have now,We wouldnt want to risk getting another male, because, although it would be great if they did get on, if they didnt it would be awful. We would then have 2 guinea pigs living by themselves, and that isnt what we want. So he will be booked into the vets around 12 weeks old, the deed will be done, then when we know he is safe to be with girlies, we will give some lovely girlies a new home, safe in the knowledge that we wont be responsible for any unwanted piggies :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 11:17 by dizzylizzie »

Parsnip

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 11:20 »
He's gorgeous, he looks like a proper cheeky little scamp... :happy:

dizzylizzie

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 11:56 »
He's definitely more settled, he seems to like this rattle and has spent a good 20mins chewing and throwing it.....think he's gonna be just fine ;)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 13:21 »
 :D :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 17:22 »
What a great rattle too  ;)

xx
Guinea pig help again please.....

Started by dizzylizzie on Pets without Feathers

72 Replies
Last post January 24, 2010, 21:01
by sunshineband
xx
my guinea pig

Started by Y.E.A.H on Pets without Feathers

11 Replies
Last post March 20, 2010, 10:06
by Y.E.A.H
xx
Guinea pigs

Started by Mulberry1990 on Pets without Feathers

12 Replies
Last post August 29, 2010, 19:41
by Mulberry1990
xx
Guinea pigs

Started by Thompson24 on Pets without Feathers

3 Replies
Last post August 26, 2009, 13:33
by nzdunn

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 35 queries.