glyphosate usability

• 4 Replies

Lardman

glyphosate usability
« on: May 06, 2013, 10:56 »
Does it go off ? 2 seasons ago I bought some Been and Queued own brand stuff, it's never been the best but this year it honestly looks to have no effected at all.  :wacko: The destructions are long gone but I put 25ml in 1ltr and sprayed some dandelions about a week ago, they all look a picture of health. we've had no significant rain and they were given a good soaking in full sun.

Is it worth upping the mix or am I just wasting time ? I really only use it to spot treat weeds I can't dig out, would I do better buying something branding with a little more clout.

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: glyphosate usability
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 11:41 »
There's a bit of a contradiction out there in "Gurgle-land" - on the one hand many reports suggest it has a very long shelf life (years) whereas others say the same thing but describe that as being "over a year."  :unsure:  :wacko:

I suspect its shelf life is much shorter when bought as a made-up solution, so if there are no signs of it starting to work by now you probably have to assume it's duff.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 11:45 »
Get some Resolva 24. It contains two weed killers, one of which is Gylphosate. The other takes almost immediate effect while the Gylphosate gets to work. It makes it easy to spot what you may have missed.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 12:57 »
It does have a shelf life and therefore a use by date, but it will also degrade more quickly if you store it outwith the ideal tempertures - too hot or too cold.
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

noshed

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 14:37 »
My last year's stuff seems to be working OK - the bindweed is going yellow (not that it will remove it from my rolling acres I don't suppose)
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

xx
Glyphosate vs Amcide vs Other?

Started by Babycat on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post August 18, 2007, 15:33
by Babycat

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 29 queries.