Festive season, anyone else bored?

• 20 Replies

AlaninCarlisle

Festive season, anyone else bored?
« on: December 31, 2022, 11:16 »
Personally, I'm sick to the back teeth of it all. Miserable weather; endless repeats on TV; nothing of very much interest in the newspapers; still a cupboard and fridge full of unhealthy festive food; cards and tinsel all over the place; dog looks as bored as I am; nothing to do in the garden. Grumble, grumble, grumble! >:(

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Festive season, anyone else bored?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 11:35 »
Oh dear! The woes of a gardener kept from his garden....
 :dry:

Lardman

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 11:54 »
So bored I've cleaned the oven.

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 13:00 »
 Oh dear Alan.
I’m trying to use the time to have a rest & then motivating myself to go for a walk most days. Also trying to do a bit of sorting & tidying of things that have got abandoned. Today I was going to make a start on tidying up the remains of the wrapping paper & unput up decs, but I’ve been in the kitchen cooking a fakeaway curry for our meal tonight & a friend is coming for a visit soon.  :lol: So I suppose that will go on the list of jobs for tomorrow or the next day ad infinitum
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2022, 14:46 »

OH NO !!!
35D8DDBA-58A8-4FA9-86F3-E78674F362C1.jpeg

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2022, 15:33 »
I’m not bored we have friends round tonight and I’m preparing dinner.
Just having a brief rest before the cooking onslaught.
Agree about the weather it is dire just more and more rain.
Certainly can’t do anything down at the allotment despite the likelihood of more inspections. Must say they make me wonder how much longer to keep my plot.
The council seem to be keen on show gardens not just somewhere to grow veg.My plot is productive but not as pretty as they want I suspect.
Keep digging

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2022, 16:56 »

I did that the other day, and have completely rusticated the thing!

I don't know what happened, but the Oven Cleaner I used, (the one with the plastic bag), has started to eat away at the insides, (the oven's insides, not mine), and it looks just awful!

We may even have to replace it now, as we can't go on with such a disaster - it looks dreadful!

Huh! That's the New Year Celebs dosh gone for a Burton!

Lardman

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2022, 17:53 »
OH NO !!!
I know,  but I'd already done my tax return !

I don't know what happened, but the Oven Cleaner I used, (the one with the plastic bag), has started to eat away at the insides, (the oven's insides, not mine), and it looks just awful!

Funny you should say that, I've made a complete pigs ear of the stainless steel hob surface with the mr muscle. It looks like someone poured salt water over it and then left it to evaporate. I've tried every cleaning material under the sink and every chemical in the shed but I can't remove the stains. I've covered everything with foil, out of sight out of mind.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2022, 19:22 »
I am actually quite happy to have a few days off.  I got 3 in a row over Christmas and now have 3 again, so not back until Tuesday.

It has been completely crazy at job no.2 for weeks.  I am not sure if it is people trading down to a more affordable supermarket or just everyone making sure they have a really indulgent Christmas food wise to make up for tough times, but we have been mobbed. 

It far exceeded a normal Christmas and put the company in a panic that we didn’t have enough stock to cope.  The deliveries have been mammoth and it has all gone out of the door again as fast as we replenished.  It was like trying to feed a monster.  Turn your back and it’s cleared the lot again  :lol:

GraciesGran

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2022, 22:07 »

Would you like to do mine?  I'm bored but not that bored.

Growster...

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2023, 09:02 »

That describes the oven here exactly, Lards!

They did say that the solution was best kept on overnight, but the end result is dreadful...

The rubber seals have corroded too, so I guess it's a new one..:0(

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2023, 09:44 »

They did say that the solution was best kept on overnight, but the end result is dreadful...

I’ve bought oven cleaner - just bought mind you and still looking at it thinking I must get on with that.  Which brand did you use before I trash my oven.  I was hoping to be able to leave it overnight and have an easy time cleaning it up the next day, but maybe I’ll change my mind on that plan  :ohmy:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 09:45 by New shoot »

MrsPea

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2023, 14:44 »
Bored whats that i've never found myself bored theres always some thing to do, today i cleared out cloths cubboards ready for recycling, pottered in garden feed the birds. And we've just come back from a walk  :D
I Love my green house

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2023, 17:24 »
I defrosted my Mum's freezer in her kitchen fridge/freezer.

With it still switched on (can't get it away from the wall to access the plug). And with a cheese slicer and hairdryer.

One of these days I'll manage it without getting scraped knuckles  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Growster...

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2023, 17:28 »

I’ve bought oven cleaner - just bought mind you and still looking at it thinking I must get on with that.  Which brand did you use before I trash my oven.  I was hoping to be able to leave it overnight and have an easy time cleaning it up the next day, but maybe I’ll change my mind on that plan  :ohmy:

It's the one on the box with a plastic bottle of some dire solution, which you plaster on the burnt surfaces, then use the rest in a big plastic bag to soak any pans, grills etc! It comes in a cardboard box with instructions and a nuclear warning...

It used to be fabulous, but this time, has caused me to apply to Argos for a new oven, because, as Lards has said, it seems to eat much more than the dirt...

I remember our dear old friend Trillium saying that it was lethal, and I guess she was right, bless!

But I can't remember the name of the stuff and it is possibly this :_

https://www.amazon.co.uk/complete-cleaning-Degreases-without-scrubbing/dp/B08CC9P71K/ref=asc_df_B08CC9P71K/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=430903260468&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12251712540199770971&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045891&hvtargid=pla-926547212864&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=97419449462&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=430903260468&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12251712540199770971&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045891&hvtargid=pla-926547212864

Hmmm...

xx
I am soooo Bored !

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post January 17, 2019, 15:30
by jaydig
xx
A certain festive time already?

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 13:46
by Christine
xx
Festive preparations.

Started by WeavingGryphon on Chatting on the Plot

22 Replies
Last post January 03, 2020, 12:10
by mrs bouquet
xx
Next season

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post October 27, 2019, 12:50
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 55 queries.