Cherry Tomato

• 9 Replies

Glosterboy

• Experienced Member
Cherry Tomato
« on: November 30, 2022, 15:33 »
I'm sure a topic raised before. Please forgive me. Seed ordering time. Premier Seeds Direct. I'm OK with both beefsteak and salad varieties of tomato. But. anybody who orders from PSD have a preferred Cherry Tomato variety please? Last two seasons I've ordered/grown Sweet Million F1. Millions of fruit. So, So on flavour!! Thanks.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Cherry Tomato
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 15:44 »
I like both Sweet Aperitif and Rosello, the 2nd does have very thin skin, though, so you have to harvest before it is fully ripe, when it tastes just lovely  :)

Snow

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 19:00 »
Sungold is still king for me for cherry toms.  I also grew honeycomb last year, was not quite as good but similar and supposedly a bit more resistant to splitting. I didnt get much splitting from sungold this year though. Cherry rosella was another, I was less impressed with this one. Another one I don't like is tumbling Tom, lots of fruits but middling flavour

Cocktail crush is ok for one that has good blight resistance
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 19:05 by Snow »

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 15:34 »
last year we grew Maskotka as a basket tom also grew crimson crush mortgage lifter and gardener's delight, we usually grow blooming butcher, but I think we run out of seed last year, so I've got new packet to grow next season also looking through Kings and Moles catalogue the variety golden crown took my fancy I think it's also known as Goldkrone a cherry type tom there's also another variety that took my eye called [Moles] Honey Delight  :unsure:

Potty Plotty Lotty

• https://thelazyallotmenteer.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 16:52 »
Honeycomb for me. Got fed up of the Sungold splitting so moved over to this.

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 19:20 »
I like both Sweet Aperitif and Rosello, the 2nd does have very thin skin, though, so you have to harvest before it is fully ripe, when it tastes just lovely  :)

I second both of those
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Nobbie

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2022, 20:15 »
Sungold and Gardener’s Delight for me, Sungold earlier crop and very sweet, but GD complements it well with a much sharper more tomato taste.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2022, 10:44 »
Tried Rosella for the first time this year - might have to give them another chance next year as, unlike, MoS', mine had distinctly chewy skins and not a particularly good flavour.

Having tried many different varieties over the years (plum, beefsteak and cherry) I sometimes wonder why I don't just stick with Gardener's Delight, which to me are consistently the tastiest and most trouble free variety I've grown.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2022, 08:36 »
We had a discussion at our GC buzzing around the flavour of Gardener's Delight, which we felt had diminished in recent years!

No conclusions were arrived at, other than it was thought that the particular year's supply, although enough to allow full production, hadn't really come up to scratch just this once!

Still might try them again next year though...

juvenal

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2022, 10:31 »
Apero F1 for me
196_01_apero.jpg

clip
Tomato - Cherry Baby

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post July 24, 2022, 21:30
by DD.
xx
Best tasting Cherry tomato

Started by realfood on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post March 05, 2013, 20:12
by Auntiemogs
xx
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Recommendations?

Started by Auntiemogs on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post September 18, 2019, 16:56
by Auntiemogs
xx
Sweet Aperitif cherry tomato

Started by AnneB on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post September 11, 2016, 12:37
by Middlesexbloke

Page created in 0.399 seconds with 47 queries.