Tall Pink Plants & Flowers?

• 24 Replies

blackisgreen

• Experienced Member
Re: Tall Pink Plants & Flowers?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 10:10 »
purple looserife if moist ground or verbena pink spires ,lavatera is a good shout to

compostqueen

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 10:12 »
Verbena bonariensis is fab!  Also I like the pink corncockle agrostemma milas which is easy peasy to grow from seed  :)  You can get pink delphiniums too, again easy grown from seed.  Pink lavenders, pink cosmos, roses.  Oooh the world's your oyster  :)

Endymion

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 23:45 »
Phlox is a lovely perennial that's in flower now, comes in pink or white. Our garden is clay, with stones, it's wet in winter and dry in a decent summer, Phlox grows well for us.

Have you thought of some sedums, for autumn colour? Are the pipes high enough to support a honeysuckle or clematis?

TheOnlyGothInTheVillage

• Experienced Member
    • ThePatchWorkLady
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 08:46 »
Have discovered the hard way that clemitus dosen't survive our winters, we're on the top of a hill and it hit -15 last year, cost me a lot of plants, this year anything that can be potted, will be and brought into the greenhouse for winter,
Unfortunaty the horrid pipes stick out and go down the wall at a angle so can't have trelis, (have tried to get the housing ass. so remove them , they should be in the kitchen but some cowboy plummer ran all the water out of the building into the storm drain in the corner of the garden instead of the sewage drain, got enviromental health involved and managed to get them to re route it into the bathroom plumming but still have ugly pipes on show outside)
i'm planning on putting hooks in the wall and wireing it up but need help with all that so it will happen at some point but its not likely to be this year, have worked really hard geting all unnatural plastics and material out of the garden but still have these silly pipes to hide..

Please excuse spelling....

compostqueen

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 10:15 »
You can put trellis or obelisk in the pot and then grow rose and clematis combination etc

I have just done this with a climbing patio rose. I got the £5 obelisk from Wilko but am planning to make my own with some oneline instructions from GW's Toby Buckland, and have got all the stuff to start it off  :)

Clematis would probably survive if planted deep and then you can earth it up to protect the roots over winter, and then some sacking etc over the top just to be sure

There are some good suggestions there for you, forgotten about phlox, which are absolutely lovely and the scent is wonderful  :)

fisher

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 11:31 »
cosmos are great and go on til first frosts. im doing some cleome this year which are a nice pink too ..havent flowered yet but the plants are looking good and strong

TheOnlyGothInTheVillage

• Experienced Member
    • ThePatchWorkLady
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 19:52 »
Excellent, got a good shopping list there, thanks everyone, at some point i will post some photos, have totally redone everything in my garden in the last two years and am quite proud of it so far.

Endymion

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 01:41 »
We've got a passion flower growing over heavy duty netlon that's wrapped round outside pipes and held in place with cable ties. It does a brilliant job of hiding them in the summer, and in the winter it disguises them a bit.

If where you live is too exposed or cold, you could still get a decent screen with a honeysuckle. They come in all sorts of colours.

I remembered another purple-ish herbaceous plant that's been in flower for ages, it's a Liatris. Ours is about 18 inches tall.

whiskywill

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 13:25 »
Achillea 'Cerise Queen'
Echinacea purpurea 'Bright Star'
Filipendula rubra 'Queen of the Prairie'
Physostegia virginiana 'Vivid'
Playcodon grandiflorus 'Fuji Pink'
Sidalcea maliflora 'Party Girl'
Veronicastrum virginicum f. roseum 'Pink Glow'

Or..................Himalayan Balsam :ohmy:
Any day above ground is a good day.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 21:42 »
Or..................Himalayan Balsam :ohmy:

Norty Will  :ohmy:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
Tall Flowers

Started by Rexmundi on General Gardening

8 Replies
Last post May 15, 2015, 11:48
by Blackpool rocket
xx
Weed? Looks like buttercup leaves but with small pink flowers

Started by blackcat on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post April 26, 2009, 20:24
by blackcat
xx
Tall shade loving plants

Started by Mum2mj on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post March 17, 2017, 15:20
by Mum2mj
xx
Flowers, Weeds, Plants... Help!

Started by Riala on General Gardening

16 Replies
Last post June 19, 2009, 16:48
by HLS

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 34 queries.