site changes

• 1 Replies

jack russell

site changes
« on: July 03, 2007, 23:33 »
hi all

our allotments are run by the parish council and the lady in charge at the moment has organised a meeting with the councillors and the allotment holders, to discuss the setting up of an allotment association.  There is a wide range of funding available for such an association with grants of up to £5,000.   so i am told,

could anyone give me some ideas for this forthcoming meeting on the 18th as  to how this money could be spent

ie. fencing, gates, secure storage, ? a car park

we have access roads around the site but are by the most part no good for an average sized car mostly mud and not wide enough.

i bet the horse and carts had no bother getting around :D

any advise welcome on our lotty's  new venture :wink:

cheers

jr
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/CIMG1386.jpg[/img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/roostertop-1.jpg[/img]

not organic    but still a nice bloke

Trillium

site changes
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 14:53 »
Hi Jack, I don't have a lotty, but having read the troubles of other lotty holders, I say first, check your area as to whether or not there's a lot of vandalism, theft, etc happening. If so, then good fencing and gates should be first on the list. My personal second would be to have suitable road material put in to drive cars to either the plot areas or a general parking area (I don't know your setup).  Something like gravel or packed hoggin would do the trick and not empty the budget. Next, do you have available water sources? If not, you'd need water lines run to the lotty at several points so no one has to walk ages with buckets, etc. Lotty insurance is also another matter I see coming up so it's something to look into. As for secure storage, no such thing exists. Thieves will always get into whatever they really want, so I'd invest my money in the previous items and have members look after their own equipment.  8)

xx
What a great site!

Started by Teen76 on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post April 15, 2008, 03:44
by Trillium
xx
ugly site flowers

Started by garddwr on General Gardening

16 Replies
Last post November 20, 2008, 16:19
by garddwr
xx
Growing on site that previously had chickens?

Started by vineweevil1 on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post April 03, 2008, 09:46
by vineweevil1
question
Starting A Private Allotment Site

Started by weedme on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post March 21, 2009, 09:02
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 33 queries.