Gladioli

• 15 Replies

Paul Plots

Re: Gladioli
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 01:34 »
So, should I leave the gladioli in until next summer even tho they produced not one flower.  I think I bought them from No Frills which is the same company as Homebase, if I'm not mistaken.  You'd think planting 50, I'd have had at least 1.  Other plants have flourished in the same area.

If they were all blind (non-flowering) then it might have been somethng to do with the bulbs themselves. You could try giving them a good feed but, as they are not thet dear to buy, I think I'd lift the lot - dig a shallow trench and bung them in together for one last try. Keep them well watered in the spring as hope for the best.

I'd buy a few new ones next spring and try with these if you want to be fairly certain of some blooms for cutting.

I usually lift my gladioli so I can deep dig and add compost to the soil for another crop. The gladioli are then replanted in the sring in a new location. In the flower-beds at home - we just leave them where they are to get on with it with a handful of chicken manure pellets and a mulch. Seems to work well.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

xx
Gladioli

Started by Elaine G on General Gardening

10 Replies
Last post October 22, 2012, 20:44
by Eblana
xx
Gladioli

Started by sclarke624 on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post August 25, 2010, 00:00
by sclarke624
xx
Gladioli

Started by Elaine G on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post June 07, 2018, 23:49
by Elaine G
xx
Gladioli help please

Started by Casey76 on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post June 11, 2009, 21:44
by Hey Jude

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 35 queries.