al-co rotavator engine

• 3 Replies

loam ranger

• Experienced Member
al-co rotavator engine
« on: February 17, 2008, 17:36 »
Help ! could anyone tell me what make of engine is on a al-co hobby MH 350-2 rotavtor ( two stroke engine ), also any experience of this machine .
I have a Honda FG 200 which is a very good rotavator and has served me well for the past 8 years

Bigbadfrankie

al-co rotavator engine
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 20:23 »
NO & NIce :D
always have a target
and an objective.

Gwiz

al-co rotavator engine
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 05:26 »
I couldn't say for certain, but I would bet a pound to a pinch of salt that it would be a Techumseh. They always seemed to fit them for some reason known only to themselves.

yodapete

al-co rotavator engine
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 19:48 »
I know this is a bit late after your enquiry and you've probably found the answers you need but if not:-
Some time back I was give a non-runner Alko MH5000.No name plate on the engine but I found some numbers on the rear flange of the engine. After many hours of searching I discovered that it was a Tecumseh engine but made in Italy(Tecumseh Europa) factory since closed down. That was the reason none of the serial numbers made any sense when I tried to look them up on the Tecumseh(American)  web site.  If you can find any ID numbers try contacting Tecumseh UK 01784460684(tecumsehuk.co.uk) they were really helpful in identifying the engine.
After talking to them I ordered a manual from the Alko main dealers-Rochford Garden Machinery Ltd 01963 828000, again very helpful.
The problem I found with my non runner was a sheared key that locks flywheel and crankshaft. Although the crankshaft nut appeared tight, the key had sheared and the flywheel slipped, so while there was plenty of compression and fuel, the ignition timing(determined by the flywheel being in the right position on the crankshaft) was way out.
Hope this is some help.
Yodapete
PS.  Sometimes when trying to start this engine, it gives a vicious kick-back, enough to yank the starting cord out of your hand  and snap it back to engine cowl, if you don't have a real good grip on the cord handle.  This might have been the cause of the sheared key initially
Yodapete

xx
Rotavator - Engine parts

Started by Vgrower on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post March 03, 2024, 18:45
by R Tallentire
xx
Re-engine a norlet rotavator?

Started by Mills on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post April 02, 2011, 11:11
by Mills
xx
New engine for Howard Yeoman rotavator

Started by MacFistycuffs on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post August 31, 2011, 18:29
by smud6ie
xx
Howard 200 Rotavator with Villiers 12/2 engine Help !

Started by Willoughbridge on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post March 19, 2011, 20:41
by Willoughbridge

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 38 queries.