Thieving on lottie captured on cctv

• 5 Replies

cardoon queen

Thieving on lottie captured on cctv
« on: October 22, 2021, 01:19 »
Not sure where to post..so what rules about evicting does your lottie have? We have captured a chap on film gaily helping himself to the compost in bags from a display outside the shop in front of the car park. 2 broken barrows to be planted up & 2 old wellies filled with compost to plant. He looked and then went & got a barrow and helped himself including emptying each boot.  We have a  no theft policy but ... would you evict?  should maybe mention he has shouted at people, has stolen timber off plot & tried to bribe committee but the previous committee did not warn him about behaviour or send him letter cos of covid so there is no paper trail.  If so how long do you give people to take their stuff?? Be v interested to hear what other committees do...
if in doubt, let it grow ...

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Thieving on lottie captured on cctv
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 09:40 »
Deffinitely grounds for eviction, ours is 4 weeks notice, make sure you get site key back - or you'll have to change the lock
Covid shouldn't/doesn't stop the Committee from sending an evictions letter - I'm guessing they didn't want to cause aggro, same as on previous occasions  ::)
Good luck.

GraciesGran

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 09:55 »
Ours is immediate eviction.  Access to site to remove property/produce only when accompanied by site manager plus one of the committee members.

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 09:58 »
I have my own rules about thieving **** I take no prisoners as far as I'm concerned if i buy it or any thing on the allotments  belongs to me  I've made it absolutely clear to all the consequences that will follow should  i catch any one thieving of our allotments  :mad:

Aunty: Expletive deleted

cardoon queen

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 01:07 »
Thanks all ... had a conversation today about weed killer. Talked over me for 8 mins then turnedbhis back, walked off saying "yes dear".  Infuriating man. Thanks all.

grinling

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2021, 18:54 »
We had someone who was a long timer caught stealing. Key removed and booted from site immediatly

xx
CCTV at home...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post September 25, 2020, 08:58
by Fairy Plotmother

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 42 queries.