It's just like x***s here!

• 4 Replies

Goosegirl

It's just like x***s here!
« on: July 25, 2020, 15:05 »
Today our niece and her husband brought the last of our possessions we'd put in storage before our house move consisting of items we didn't need whilst we were still living there. We still have some boxes in the garage from the day we moved in so it's all rather exciting meeting up with old friends.  :) Having already de-cluttered twice, on opening the first lot of boxes we found yet more stuff we don't really need or won't fit in with our bungalow so they're going to auction or be chucked out. I haven't a clue what OH did with the massive cart-horse saddle we had on the landing stair wall - must remember to ask him. 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Christine

Re: It's just like x***s here!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 19:03 »
I'd be asking him where he put the cart horse first.  ;)

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 06:42 »
"I haven't a clue what OH did with the massive cart-horse saddle we had on the landing stair wall"

Have you looked at your bicycle recently...? Better still, have you actually found your bike yet?

It sure must be fun finding/losing all this stuff, and realising how much you won't miss some of it, because of pastures new.

I had a clear out a load of old PC cables, phones, cables etc, and finished up with two enormous boxes of this sort of junk from the roof. Every time we'd bought a new bit of kit, I'd just chuck the bits up there and forget about them! I couldn't even lift one box, and had to get the bloke in the recycling yard near Battle to carry it in for me!

Well done you for getting stuck in!

(Let us know when you find the saddle, there's a story there methinks...;0)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 09:32 »
 my new neighbours moved here in March.  Boxes kept arriving and still are !  They are collector-holics, but nothing ever goes out !!    I have never seen such a load of    " things "     in all my life.  Both the house and garden are full of it.   One large shed has just been erected and another is on the way.  Hurrah, more space to collect stuff.
Well done Gg for getting rid.    Less is more  :D       regards  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 11:22 »
I'd be asking him where he put the cart horse first.  ;)
Behind the cart of course!  :lol:

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 39 queries.