Advice on eggs please - Very Worried !!!

• 37 Replies

IMOmimey

• Experienced Member
Re: Advice on eggs please - Very Worried !!!
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2009, 16:32 »
i  have also got a sanitiser spray, I dont use it religously between pens, but its there if I have chook that appears ill, after going in the quarantine pen if I have sick or new birds, or if I simply got my hands covered in poop.

I offer visitors the use of it too, especially if they have choox that they are going home to.
Pets:if you don't love them like family, don't have them

redspookycooky

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2009, 17:13 »
Need some urgent advice please!

My girls have just started to lay and we are now getting one egg per day of each of the two girls. The kids have had the first few, but a friend (a non-chook keeper!) says we shouldn't eat their eggs cuz they "may not be safe"

I brought them off a very good supplier (listed on this site infact) and both girls are happy & healthy to my mind.

The whole idea of getting them was to have pets with egg bonus! Is there any truth in what he is saying ??? Or is there something I should be doing before we actually eat the eggs.

I don't know if the birds have had any injections (but like I said they came off a very trusted supplier). Would getting the injections make it safe to eat the eggs and if so how much do they usually cost please?

Sorry for the 101 questions - just very worried now :(

that was one of the reasons we first got chickens, the kids love collecting fresh eggs and now won`t eat shop bought eggs, nothing better for you than fresh eggs from chickens that you know what they`ve been eating x

francais

• Experienced Member
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2009, 21:27 »
Thanks for all the wonderful replies!

Can I just ask as a side question....the shells are these eggs seems tougher than the shop brought ones - is this normal?

I tried cracking one yesterday for DH and sure my frying pan now has a dent in the rim where I cracked the egg (eventually) on it! :tongue2: :) They arn't really that hard - but I have noticed a difference!
Toni

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2009, 21:49 »
The shells sound great.  Your hens are getting a good diet.  Shop bought eggs - no comparison !

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 22:09 »
They's how they's supposed to be  :lol: :lol:
Staffies are softer than you think.

karlooben

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2009, 22:33 »
thats something i can tell ppl that have my eggs as some have said how hard they are to crack open  :tongue2: :tongue2: its the ones that have the shell that feels hard but isnt until u crack it an it goes everywhere that i worry about .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

usefulgas

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2009, 23:52 »
me too re,"freinds", saying are your eggs okay to eat, one comented that my eggs didnt spread in the pan, like shop eggs do, of course I ran scared to this web-site, only to find the fact that mine were as above put it, " from botty to pan in 10 mins", yearh, mine are FRESH,
now i do love to say the time difference btwn mine and three week old shop eggs, yeuch, keep up the good stories here , better than telly at night for me to catch-up on today's posts.....where can i veiw best pics here I love looking at others girls and boys...I have yet to master posting pictures, I have cracking ones on my phone, any way i could get them online? can anyone help this new to techy stuff person.....me..
all the best from Scotland tonight we just about to hit -0 temp tonite!!!!
count the flowers that grow in your garden, not the leaves that fall.....x

francais

• Experienced Member
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2009, 09:57 »
usefulgas...do you have the download lead or plug in stick with your phone?

I download them from my phone to the computer (the "would you like to get photos now" thing opens automatically as soon as I conect the phone to the computer). Then there is a great stickie on here that tells you how to get them off you computer! If it's a large photo you may need to resize it first - I use this one - it's free  :tongue2:

http://www.resizeimage.4u2ges.com/default.asp?b=nc

can talk you through it if you need anything :)

xx
Worried about our eggs

Started by chickencharly on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post April 24, 2009, 21:52
by chickencharly
xx
New and need some advice please......getting very worried.

Started by katey on The Hen House

35 Replies
Last post February 10, 2011, 13:21
by katey
xx
Rennie Update- still worried- still soft eggs- calcium tablets where?

Started by shiatsusu on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post March 23, 2009, 17:52
by shiatsusu
xx
Advice re poorly old hen please (lice and croup problem) worried :(

Started by rosie14 on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post August 03, 2011, 23:49
by rosie14

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 40 queries.