Unknown greenhouse

• 2 Replies

makedoandmend

Unknown greenhouse
« on: April 10, 2011, 18:34 »
Folks,

I've had the very good fortune to have been given an 8' x 6' greenhouse. It's all dismantled now and most of the glass has been saved (some was siliconed in!!)

The door needs a new top roller and two new bottom ones, but they do not seem to be a 'standard' pattern - they don't seem to look like those on ebay at any rate!

The opening window has been permanently glazed in the past and I would like to fit an opening lite if possible.

The only thing I can find to identify the greenhouse is a sticker on the top of the door with the initials AGL. The label looks as if it was originally green.

I wonder if anyone could tell me who AGL are and if parts are available from somewhere?

Many thanks.

Lardman

makedoandmend

Re: Unknown greenhouse
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 09:25 »
Lardman,

Thanks for your post, I found Gardensite when I searched for AGL, but wasn't sure if this was a re-direct to another company or a new company or exactly what it was.

There seems to be quite a range of models from Halls /AGL and some parts aren't interchangeable - identifying which model I have would seem to be the first step. The door wheels are very different - bigger no bearing etc and the bottom of the door also has rollers -the kits just seem to contain a plastic 'pad' that rests on the bottom thresh.

I've e-mailed gardensite to see if they can advise, but no joy as yet.

Regards

xx
Greenhouse

Started by Jamie Butterworth on Design and Construction

14 Replies
Last post April 22, 2011, 17:59
by Jamie Butterworth
xx
6x4 greenhouse

Started by Spana on Design and Construction

1 Replies
Last post March 13, 2011, 17:49
by izzy
xx
Greenhouse

Started by sloegin on Design and Construction

5 Replies
Last post July 09, 2010, 21:56
by sloegin
xx
Where To Put The Greenhouse

Started by Milly on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post April 14, 2011, 18:52
by Milly

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 35 queries.