Thompson and Morgan moving sale

• 10 Replies

Yana

Thompson and Morgan moving sale
« on: November 10, 2012, 08:01 »
Ive been tempted by some of the T&M email special moving sale offers of late.
However, and this is the bit that gets me every time, the P&p. You can't have multiple orders together so you have to,pay the P&p on all the orders. So frustrating.
I have my own cement mixer and not afraid to use it!!

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: Thompson and Morgan moving sale
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 08:28 »
Do you have a link?
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 08:46 »
As Yana is offline at the moment, I'll jump in.

Here's today's sale, just dropped into my inbox:

T & M Moving Sale
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Gwiz

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 15:12 »
I suppose it's only fair as they do say that the offer is limited to one per person....

Trillium

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 15:19 »
Wish we had such fantastic offers over here in Canada. Fat chance that would be.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 16:54 »
I suppose it's only fair as they do say that the offer is limited to one per person....

if you order two completely different items you usually get reduced/combined postage for the second item - that does not apply in this case  :(

Yana

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 20:00 »
And that is my point really. The offer is bril but the P&p always makes me angry.
There have been several 'good offers' but it's the P&p. Sure it doesn't cost £4.95 to post a few plug plants?

Gwiz

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 20:22 »

if you order two completely different items you usually get reduced/combined postage for the second item - that does not apply in this case  :(

I've never ordered from T&M. Do you usually get a combined postage from them? Or do you mean in general from other companies?
I know that I'm often taken by surprise, when sending out small machine parts in the post, by how much the P&P comes to.

Glosterboy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 21:36 »

I've never ordered from T&M. Do you usually get a combined postage from them? Or do you mean in general from other companies?
I know that I'm often taken by surprise, when sending out small machine parts in the post, by how much the P&P comes to.

I can fully understand the cost of "Postage". Weight and size determines. If an item to post weights 50 grams and is 50 cms square then a postage chart is used to determine the cost. But, how does one determine the cost of "Package"? Finger in the air and which way the wind is blowing??????

Lawrence

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 22:04 »
Glosterboy said.
I can fully understand the cost of "Postage". Weight and size determines. If an item to post weights 50 grams and is 50 cms square then a postage chart is used to determine the cost. But, how does one determine the cost of "Package"? Finger in the air and which way the wind is blowing??????

It is usually a function of packaging material costs plus the staff cost in packaging the item and getting it ready for postage.
Sadly now it is also prone to be marked up in the same way as their products and the Bean counters will expect a profit from p&p as well.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 22:05 by Lawrence »

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 23:01 »

Yes, most mail order companies, including T&M, normally charge a standard amount of postage per order rather than charge per item.

Even if you order more than one item from the same supplier on e-bay the 2nd item's postage is always discounted - because it is added to the same parcel.

xx
Thompson & Morgan seeds sale.

Started by What Allot on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post July 27, 2009, 05:31
by DD.
xx
Thompson & Morgan

Started by flash on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post January 07, 2008, 11:39
by DD.
xx
thompson and morgan

Started by Jamie Butterworth on Frugal Living

11 Replies
Last post September 23, 2010, 23:07
by sunshineband
xx
Thompson & Morgan

Started by Potty Plotty Lotty on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post August 27, 2016, 14:44
by Potty Plotty Lotty

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 40 queries.