Clasiscal music piano piece for Poirot's last case called "Curtains."

• 7 Replies

Goosegirl

I'm trying to find out who wrote the piano music for Poirot's last case starring David Suchet. I thought it was called Raindrops by Chopin but am unable to find it. Can anyone help?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

I'm trying to find out who wrote the piano music for Poirot's last case starring David Suchet. I thought it was called Raindrops by Chopin but am unable to find it. Can anyone help?

Here's that particular piece, Goosey - is it the one you want?

https://youtu.be/R2d2spnXyLA

Goosegirl

It so**ing is my dear friend.
Today we were expecting our niece to bring her children, as one of them who is farm mad was going to spend his birthday money in a farm toy shop in Ingleton and, because we hadn't heard anything from them as to when they were coming, I phoned her only to find they were in the Ingleton White Scar caves having lunch but didn't want to visit us as they had a nasty cold. In the meantime and at great personal endeavours, my OH had plated up a Mississippi Mud Pie one of our carers had brought us. Would had been nice to know that as I was so looking forward to seeing his little face all lit up. Am now going for a walk to clear my head.  :(

Growster...

Marvellous, GG!

A good walk is always a great way to clear the mind, and if it hasn't worked, do another one!

So pleased you have the right bit of music now! I've just posted another link elsewhere on TV themes, and hope you like the piece mentioned!

snowdrops

He’s the chap on the new programme’The Piano’isnt he?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Goosegirl

The reason I'm asking for this info is because my dear niece-in-law got me a electric piano for free. It has all sorts of sounds you can choose but I like the piano one. Nothing can compare to the ebony and mahogany Squire and Longsen piano I inherited as a nine year old child. It had the ability to sound loud when you wanted it to but had the best pianissimo you could wish for. Later on I had to sell it and it's been one of the most major regrets of my life. I could play Beethoven's Moonlight sonata without looking at the manuscript. Wish I could do it now for our hospice charity. Have just downloaded Chopin's Raindrops manuscript so will have a go. It appears to have five flats so I maybe a while - ha!

Growster...

What a lovely gift, GG!

They're great instruments and take up so much less space!

We bought one for the girls when they were quite young, and they both prospered to eventually get degrees in music as they could always use earphones, and not worry if they went wrong! (Neither did we)!

Here's a lovely piece which I think is one of the most moving piano performances I've ever heard...

https://youtu.be/jzwAdWrYitQ

Goosegirl

That piece is gorgeous and so beautifully played. Thank you so much.

xx
"A piece of pie", by Damon Runyon...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post November 29, 2020, 06:17
by Growster...
xx
Downloading "Kon Tiki" to read.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post January 27, 2022, 18:35
by Yorkie
xx
"500 words" school competition.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post September 27, 2023, 08:48
by Goosegirl
xx
"Nature Watch (other than birds)"

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

625 Replies
Last post February 22, 2024, 18:31
by Subversive_plot

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 46 queries.