Clever little so and so's

• 4 Replies

Dominic

Clever little so and so's
« on: June 22, 2011, 10:25 »
My chickens have learnt a new trick.
As soon as they can see anyone, they sit down and squarwk in an angry "I'm bored" manner.
Even if 20 seconds earlier, they were happily running around playing...

We use chemicals in this garden, just as god intended

Nicki85

• Experienced Member
Re: Clever little so and so's
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 10:48 »
Mine have started to do something similar although it involves running at the speed of light up and down the fencing when they see me... even if it is only through the window!

Really are cheeky little critters aren't they  ::)

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 12:12 »
My chickens are so clever they even have my mother trained.  And she lives two hours' drive away and has never even met the chickens!  :blink:

Mum used to have chickens when she and Dad lived in the country.  Since Dad died, Mum has moved to the city and doesn't want the responsibility of animals.

When I talk to Mum on the phone she listens to the chickens in the background instead of listening to me.  ::)  Then she interrupts me to say "your chickens are hungry!"  In fact they always have a hopper-full of food at their disposal, but they just like to call out "we're hungry!" on the off-chance it will result in extra treats.

I say, "they're not hungry.  They have plenty of food."
She says, "I know a hungry chicken when I hear one."
They say, "Grandma!  We're starving!  We need snacks!"

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 12:44 »
Ours have learnt to recognise the sound of my car.  They carry on as soon as I pull up and if I don't go straight out to them, they peck at the back door!  And people think hens don't have personalities!
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 15:00 »
My chickens are so clever they even have my mother trained.  And she lives two hours' drive away and has never even met the chickens!  :blink:

Mum used to have chickens when she and Dad lived in the country.  Since Dad died, Mum has moved to the city and doesn't want the responsibility of animals.

When I talk to Mum on the phone she listens to the chickens in the background instead of listening to me.  ::)  Then she interrupts me to say "your chickens are hungry!"  In fact they always have a hopper-full of food at their disposal, but they just like to call out "we're hungry!" on the off-chance it will result in extra treats.

I say, "they're not hungry.  They have plenty of food."
She says, "I know a hungry chicken when I hear one."
They say, "Grandma!  We're starving!  We need snacks!"

:D :D :D :D  Thanks for that mental image, it has just brightened up a very wet and miserable day.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

xx
Clever Chickens

Started by F1schuey on Chicken Chat

8 Replies
Last post February 14, 2011, 14:46
by hillfooter
xx
clever chickens

Started by buttony22 on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post July 27, 2011, 10:23
by ANHBUC
xx
clever girls!

Started by k4t1e195 on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post June 26, 2010, 13:27
by Jeanette
xx
Clever Chickens (part II)

Started by Mrs Mant on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post February 14, 2011, 17:16
by ManicMum

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 29 queries.