beer to travel??

• 3 Replies

timtheenchanteruk

beer to travel??
« on: July 28, 2011, 10:05 »
Im looking to make a batch to bottle that will travel ok, tried before, but obviously when the beer has matured in a bottle, there is a sediment that gets shaken up in transit, and needs a few days to settle out again.

Anyone got any ways to avoid most, or all of this sediment? I was thinking (and have a few test bottles going at the moment) of finish the brew in a pressure barrel, then when cleared bottle up (so a double finish/mature) would/will this work???

mike1987

• Experienced Member
Re: beer to travel??
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 13:14 »
you could try to disgorge it in the same way champagene is like this never tryed it myself as for the pressure barrel i dont think there would be enough pressure after botteling it

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 15:43 »

I would suggest, (no idea if it is feasable) but if you cool the brew down as far as you can (without freezing it)  you can carefully decant it, remove the lees, wash out the beer barrel then reload.  It should work.    Cheers,   Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

timtheenchanteruk

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 08:42 »
might have a go at both those ideas, Ive started a cheap kit specifically for the experiment, so if I loose some its not much.
re loosing the pressure, the idea was let the beer settle out, the decant into bottles and re-prime, I was hoping there would still be enough yeast in the beer to do a second secondary fermentation (as you would if you let the pressure barrel glug back), and leave less deposit.

xx
Ginger beer

Started by littlewitch on Homebrew

10 Replies
Last post October 03, 2009, 07:51
by willowman
xx
Re-priming beer...

Started by Growster... on Homebrew

13 Replies
Last post July 31, 2012, 13:39
by Growster...
xx
Help with sediment in beer please

Started by grinling on Homebrew

7 Replies
Last post February 13, 2017, 13:34
by stompy
xx
ginger beer

Started by flowergirl on Homebrew

5 Replies
Last post August 26, 2007, 23:39
by Annie

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 38 queries.