FIFA Womans World Cup

• 6 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
FIFA Womans World Cup
« on: June 15, 2019, 10:53 »
Anybody else watching and enjoying the games as much as I am?

There has been some great football played, NO DIVING, no swarming around the ref in pen area because someone slipped near a defender, no rolling around like Mike Tyson has punched them.

I have been coaching girls footy for 6 years now and its great to see these fantastic role models on our tellys.

The only blight perhaps was the USA celebrations on scoring 11,12,13 goals having said that the respect their forwards showed the keeper at the final whistle was great to see and the press appear to of missed that  ::)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 11:35 by Aidy »
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: FIFA Womans World Cup
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 12:19 »
I've caught a few games and it's been enjoyable. It's great to see the quality of the football has come on leaps and bounds over the last 10 years. The investment that the US, France and others have put into the women's game is really starting pay off and I don't think the UK are that far behind.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 13:19 »
Watched England v Argentina and enjoyed it - a good level of skill being shown and but for the Argentine goalkeeper (widely reported to be having a serious crisis of confidence  ::)) England would have won by a bigger margin.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 18:01 »
I am enjoying it very much. In fact, I would go so far as to say that I prefer to watch the ladies than the men. As you say, no swearing, no diving, no challenging the ref etc etc etc.

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 19:15 »
I am enjoying it very much. In fact, I would go so far as to say that I prefer to watch the ladies than the men. As you say, no swearing, no diving, no challenging the ref etc etc etc.
Agree
The over paid spoilt male brats should be watching this and hang their heads in shame. As I mentioned I have coached girls for 6 years and loved every minute and even at my age would take another young girls on and follow them through.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 00:02 »
I'll be the dissenting voice here, while I admire how far the women's game has come, those perceived negative aspects of the men's game are due to the shear pressure and expectation involved. As the women's game progresses all those things will creep into their game too. All sports have gamesmanship at the top level in one form or another.

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 18:36 »
I'll be the dissenting voice here, while I admire how far the women's game has come, those perceived negative aspects of the men's game are due to the shear pressure and expectation involved. As the women's game progresses all those things will creep into their game too. All sports have gamesmanship at the top level in one form or another.
Time will tell of course but I cant agree with you when you say shear pressure and expectation! Neymar is one the best players in the world but falls around like an idiot if anyone is near him and is probably the biggest cheat in the world!
I believe it is more a male expectation as I have seen it coached at under 8s  :ohmy: boys football clubs and often hear the parents shouting to go down which over 6 years of coaching girls I rarely hear, my daughter plays for Preston North End and Lytham YM, two different levels but I rarely hear the same comments at the games.
I hope the womans game continues to grow and with it their intelligence and play fantastic football.

xx
What is our world coming to?

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post March 07, 2020, 12:52
by Goosegirl
xx
gardeners world

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post October 27, 2021, 19:17
by Growster...
xx
Has the world gone completely mad ???

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post April 03, 2019, 17:31
by Goosegirl
xx
gardeners world

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post October 29, 2017, 09:58
by Truffle

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 46 queries.