feeling down about things

• 6 Replies

pawsnclaws

• Experienced Member
    • my web site
feeling down about things
« on: June 25, 2009, 09:28 »
hello i have not been down to the plot for 2 weeks as we have all been really ill my friend has been watering it for me i went down yesterday and everything is growing great!!! but so are the weeds and i just don't know where to start i just feel like giving up picked the weeds from around my peas so i will just try and do a bit every day for a couple of hours but there is about a quarter that i have not used yet can i spray it???? sorry to be a moaner

cathangirl

• Experienced Member
Re: feeling down about things
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 09:42 »
Sorry to hear you've been ill, Paws,

Just take it steadily; a little at a time.  No point knocking yourself out again with over-working.

If you do spray, make sure to cover the plants you want to keep, or they'll go too, then you really would have something to moan about.

Hope you are soon totally recovered.

cathangirl.

Janeymiddlewife

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 09:44 »
I made that mistake at Easter! Don't worry - you will get there - as long as there's some space for your veggies as well as the weeds  :)  Someone gave me some great advice which was weed with your back to the rest of the plot so you can see what you've achieved and not what you've still got to do. Plots are there to be productive, not manicured to perfection. I've covered some of my plot because I don't have time now to look after it - but will sort it out over the winter. I've also planted through weed suppressing membrane and have got some squash & cucs growing on the patch I haven't got round to yet. You could try covering your patch and planting through it , or just covering it for now, or spraying and covering, or even just covering it with troughs, planters or raised beds.
Hope you're feeling better anyway, sometimes being ill is enough to make you feel down about life anyway, so don't be too hard on yourself,
Now where's me hoe.......... :D

barney rubble

• We are Barney and Rubble and we love digging
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 10:50 »
Hope you are feeling better now Paws. Can you enlist some helpers - maybe entice them with a promise of a free veg, a drink or fish and chip supper?

Trillium

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 15:40 »
For weeds in the rows you could put down some cardboard for the time being and concentrate on the weeds between the plants. When you're feeling better and have done the previous, then you can lift the cardboard and tackle the rest in some manner. By then the row weeds should have lost a lot of their spunk and be easier to manage.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 15:47 »
You can glyphosate it if you want to but don't use a sprayer as wind drift could be a problem.  Use a watering can with a sprinkle bar.

Like this:

Make sure you don't use the watering can for anything else.

madcat

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 16:03 »
as we have all been really ill

Paws, from one cat to another - give yourself a break! 

You probably still aren't right and are trying to mouse before you can walk.  You are still tired and down.  Take it a bit at a time, with plenty of rests in the sun  (like a proper cat should!), when you get a bit stronger it won't seem so bad.   I like the advice of weeding with back to the rest of the job ... excellent way of going about it.

Now paw over nose and time for a refreshing, invigorating doze ...
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

xx
Im feeling rather undersiege.

Started by Lardman on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 24, 2011, 08:27
by mumofstig
xx
Feeling like a newbie all over again

Started by Teen76 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post November 18, 2010, 13:56
by kermit
xx
feeling deflated

Started by sizer247 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post July 29, 2012, 07:12
by New shoot
xx
im feeling a little bit re-assured

Started by boosmummy on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post July 10, 2011, 14:25
by Fleetwood Pete

Page created in 0.326 seconds with 34 queries.