Muntjac's Recipies

• 61 Replies

muntjac

Muntjac's Recipies
« on: March 21, 2007, 20:26 »
HIYA FOLKS  now believe it or not i am quite famous in scouting circles for my so called backwwods cooking methods and  game  recipes using normal veggies so we can combine say  a rabbit with a few carrots under a blanket of pastry .anyway i thought id share some of them with you and maybe you would consider trying  food items that you havent tried or even looked at , i can change the cooking methods to suit the normal domestic oven  

and if you wanted to know how to prepare a wild food item and ways to cook it , just ask
still alive /............

Ann

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 21:07 »
Sounds good to me I am always looking for new recipes :lol:

muntjac

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 21:20 »
for my first offering this is one i learned from some beut folks over in nebraska  

frog ( french pheasant )
2 pheasants, cut into serving pieces
4 0z  brown sugar
8 fl oz  white wine, use good wine cheap dodo ruins it , i recommend anjou
2 fl oz   olive oil
 2 fl oz apple cider vinegar
6 oz pitted medium prunes
oz pitted medium green olives
 4 oz capers with juice
 3 cloves garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp pulled  fresh parsley or dried .add a teaspoon water to it to rehydrate
 2 tbsp dried basil  if ya can get fresh take the top leaves only n chop up

arrange the pheasant in a single layer in a 9" deep x 13" wide baking dish.

n a mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, wine, oil and vinegar. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
pour the mix  over the pheasant pieces, cover and stick in the friudge for at least 6 hours  at least 6 hours or overnight. juggle the  meat a few times  times in the bowl

stick it in the oven  at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until the meat is tender. if you really wana push the boat out  .  serve the meat up and veggies  . make up a load  puff pastry seperate if ya real greedy like wot i am

Serve the meat and juice with  any veggies ya wanna but steam pressure cooked brocoli and full cauliflower nuked for 12 mins is great

muntjac

muntys rabbit stew
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 22:09 »
muntys rabbit stew
2 rabbits
oil or butter
4 - 5 potatoes, peeled & chunked
1 onion, chopped
 4 carrots, chunked
 1 can green giant  sweetcorn, drained
 1 can green beans , drained
 plum chopped tomatoes to cover
corn starch & water for thicking, if desired  
in a fring pan  melt the butter. Add the meat and brown on all sidees shove it on some kitchen papr to get the oil of it

put  the meat in casserole dish. Cover with the potatoes, onion, carrots, corn and green beans.

shove  enough chopped  tomatoes in to cover halfway up the casserole dish.
put ya lid bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until the meat and carrots are sot

use chunked up parsnips, turnups, kolrabi and  cabbage with the veggies as well to bulk it out for more mouths or big bellies

Trillium

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 23:32 »
What's with the canned corn and canned beans, Munty? I thought you grew all your own?  :lol:

muntjac

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 23:40 »
these are my southern tennessee recipes mate .u use cannalini beans for the bean bits and green giant corn

Trillium

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 23:49 »
Were you ever able to mail out my 'secret recipe' marinade? If you did, I'm wondering if it got held up at customs as 'suspicious/controlled substances' ?  :lol:  :lol:

muntjac

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 23:50 »
did u send ur address?
 cos i havent sen it .will pm me email addy

Trillium

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 23:52 »
I sent my adddress to your pm ages ago when we first 'discussed' the method of my demise if I persisted in you revealing it  :lol:
If you still don't have it, I'll send it again.

muntjac

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 00:01 »
wel i must have hada dust offcos i havent got it  mate send it to my email will ya  :lol:

Trillium

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 00:06 »
Done.

muntjac

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 23:52 »
cheers mate
now for sunday dinner 24th march im having a decent piece of 6 week hung beef courtesy of river hundred abbatoir . one the fatteners we had went few weeks back  well 6 weeks actually but i waffle agin .. so i have covered it in mustard .fresh milled black pepper ( do the mustard first it then helps the pepper stick to the meat . then a small amount of sea salt well rubbed in , wrap the meat then in 4 seperate wraps of aluminum foil  keeping it tight  then refridgerate it all night till ya ready to roast it, now for the oven  100-125 c  for a couple hours on the bottom shelf .dont peek until about 3/4  the way through when ya gonna take the meat out and drop loads chopped up vegetables into the bottom of the roasting pan ,anything you want to add you add .sprinkle a good glug of olive oil over em .spin em round with a spoon a few times and then sprinkle some fresh chopped or dried mixed herbs on em . a table spoon of mustard seeds n milled pepper n chuck em back in the oven you wil have taken the foil off the top of the meat now to let it brown .make sure you leave a bowl shape though to catch the juices ... let that go for 3/4 hour or so keeping an eye on ya veggies . take ya meat out on the 2 hour mark n stick it in the grill to rest  keeping it warm tho ....... now stir ya vegies up  and make sure they covered in oil etc .... now bang ya a cauliflower in a microwavable dish and wack it on full for 16 mins with a cup water in the dish and put a lid on it ., now you can do ya self some yorkie puds just as i am ...  drop a tin of faggioli beans now in ya vegies and stir em up , ur ovens on full now so watch em .. fresh horse radish sauce and ur fixed . use the meat juices in ya gravy ... oh and i got navy clap for pudding ...... spotted dick :lol:  :wink:

Trillium

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 00:48 »
Beef with mustard? Ugh!!!!

Trillium

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 23:18 »
I plan to grow black Tuscan kale this year. I don't have any recipes, though, to use it. Any ideas? Nothing spicy please.

muntjac

Muntjac's Recipies
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 23:33 »
what ever ya use cabbage and brocoli for mate ,, use ya kale  :wink:

xx
Val's Recipies

Started by Aunt Sally on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

0 Replies
Last post June 22, 2008, 16:36
by Aunt Sally
xx
Egg Recipies

Started by cejx on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

12 Replies
Last post June 17, 2011, 08:36
by Debsie
xx
minty recipies please

Started by stompy on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

17 Replies
Last post August 19, 2006, 20:58
by tetley
xx
best slow cook recipies?

Started by Chrysalis on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

8 Replies
Last post February 09, 2013, 14:24
by Chrysalis

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 39 queries.