Plot produce productions

• 86 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Plot produce productions
« on: June 07, 2015, 18:31 »
Try saying that fast after a couple of glasses of homemade wine  :lol: 

I know the main harvesting season is a little way off yet, but what have you made with your lovely homegrown fruit and veg so far ?

Today for me was rhubarb and strawberry jelly for OH's pud tonight and some silly twits strawberry ice-cream, which is stashed in the freezer for later on in the week  :D

LotuSeed

Re: Plot produce productions
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 18:42 »
I made gold raspberry jam from last year's frozen berries. I've started drying and storing herbs. My oregano is taking over!
Avg Last Frost Date, April 9, Avg First Frost Date, Oct 26
Avg Growing Season, 200 days

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 18:44 »
Ooh that reminds me I've got rhubarb crumble in the freezer - I just fancy something sweet  :D

LotuSeed

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 19:08 »
Oh, forgot I canned 8 pints of pizza sauce from some of last season's tomatoes as well. I think a freezer and pantry inventory is in my near future!

Kate58

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 19:16 »
Rhubarb and Vanilla jam.  Rhubarb grows very well here - we are in the triangle after all!  The recipe was from a farm shop the other side of York and very tasty jam it is too.  Makes a change from using it for crumble!  Will have to be a bit more adventurous as we have it growing on the allotment now as well as in the garden.  May make some more Rhubarbcello - the last lot was yummy

Christine

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 11:13 »
I've got salad enough and rhubarb enough. I've eaten half way down the contents that went into the freezer last year - mind I could hardly get the lid on it so am not surprised it has lasted so well. Have just had a monstrous bowl of vegetables from the freezer with the addition of some of this years radishes. Oh and an onion I bought!

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 20:23 »
I've made a load of rhubarb cordial to last me through the rest of the year and started some rhubarb wine. jam and chutney next (do have quite a big rhubarb patch now! :D).

The first toms and mini cukes are just starting but not enough for produce, just gobbled up quickly for those first tastes of the new season :tongue2: and of course the first of the new potatoes with homemade mayonnaise today :D.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

chrissie B

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 22:42 »
Made some rhubarb chutney as im still knee deep in jam
chrissieb
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 23:14 »
Mrs Growster made a large Summer Pudding from thee packs of last year's blackcurrants and some ageing bread...

Fabulous!

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 19:43 »
So far I have dehydrated loads of strawbs to put on breakfast cereals etc. I am planning on doing some rhubarb and vanilla jam this week when I find a good recipe (and my new pan arrives!)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 10:49 »
So far I have dehydrated loads of strawbs to put on breakfast cereals etc.

I have the dehydrator full of strawberries this morning  :)  I am going to have to go out as the lovely smell wafting through the house is driving me mad  :lol:

Next on the list are sage and mint out of the back garden  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 12:07 »
First courgette fritters today  :D

LotuSeed

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 12:44 »
Used my dehydrated strawberries in granola. Really delicious! Planning on doing the same when the peaches come in🍓🍑

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 08:45 »
I picked all the gooseberries off one of my Invicta bushes the other day after work, so got a production line of bottling set up last night. 

Half the harvest is now dealt with and just the other half to do.  I'm looking at gooseberry gin recipes and the rest will be cooked down and frozen.

As usual this one bush has done me proud.  This was the haul after giving quite a few away to fellow plot holders  :D

Got one more bush to pick, but it is less mature, so won't be quite so generous  :)

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 15:53 »
Strawberry and lavender jam is now on the go. Yummmmmmm!

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 35 queries.