Catflaps nuisance ?

• 66 Replies

madcat

Re: Catflaps nuisance ?
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2009, 14:39 »
Oh dear - your friend isn' t a well trained human!  :(  Their cat is going to have to work harder on them.  Tutt tut.   :nowink: 

My cats tell me that a well bred and brought up human gets up and appreciates the catch when and each time it is brought in, not squealing about it some hours later.  Even the dancing to accompany the squealing doesn't help - they know that you are only over doing the enthusiasm because you feel guilty about being remiss in proper human behavior earlier.  Oh dear ......   ::)
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

tode

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2009, 15:31 »
We have to bring the mice to the cat's basket   :(   Doesn't bother running after em.

madcat

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2009, 16:02 »
Very good - you are clearly getting the right idea!   :D

See Thrift - if you can train a Tode right, anything is possible ...  :ohmy: ... from a feline point of view!   :lol: :lol: :lol:

tode

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2009, 16:25 »
It's just the way she flutters her eyelashes, while stretched out in her basket   :D    :D

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2009, 16:25 »
I remember the first time Arwen caught me a vole - she was obviously trying to impress as I opened the bedroom door to not one but 8 shredded voles at foot distances to the stairs and the the on the stairs  :ohmy: I couldnt get out of my bedroom door without treading on mouse bits. In the end I made my friend come over as I refused to leave the bedroom and he had to come up the stairs collecting the mice and entrails for me  :lol: ::) She's finally calmed down with the hunting 2 years later, but don't worry the young 'uns still bring me plenty to keep me busy  :tongue2: I live by a stream and the field behind the house is full of wildlife - or at least it was until my terrors came along! I can now recognise the chirrup that goes with them having caught and can often run to the cat flap and lock it before they get in with their prey! Must admit the chickens love it as they clean up the bits - yuck yuck yuck!

Thrift

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2009, 16:57 »
Oh Caralou  :ohmy: you've just put me off eggs for life !!

I've heard of organic feed but that's going too far  :tongue2:

madcat

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2009, 16:58 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

caralou, you are a wuzz!

I discovered with my big tabby boy that if I didn't appreciate the first offering properly, he'd go and get another one.  So I learnt - for my sake and that of the wildlife - to actively admire catches if they were mice   :nowink:, so he would eat them and stop catching anything else.  Birds, shrews, voles, I would get cross about - no approval.  >:(  Bless him, he wasn't bright but he got the message and taught the kitten who in her turn taught her successor kittens the rules.

On the very rare occasions that a bird is caught, it is quietly eaten under a chair in the corner of the bedroom.  Mice are shouted about from the middle of the hall!   :D

treacleminer

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2009, 17:09 »
Whilst reading this Sparky has just come in meowwing like he has a gag in!  Followed by loud crunching noise - half a very blooming vole on the carpet :tongue2:  Yuk

Given that he always eats the head end, how come he's no brainier???

madcat

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2009, 17:18 »
Boy cats!!!  Start with the obvious and then remember they don't taste good! 

Oh - is that species - ist????? ??? ??? ???   :lol: :lol: :lol:

elibump

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2009, 17:24 »
Our cat is partial to bringing bunnies in through the catflap, he usually starts with the head as well but as they are often the same size as him he tends to leave the back legs - too full you see.

Catflap good though as the cats organise themselves and the remains of a mouse on the floor mean one less live one to move into the house. ;)

Eli xx
Talking to the microwave,I ask you wall, what is the world coming to?
Blesséd are the cracked for tis they who let in the light!

Thrift

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2009, 17:50 »
Unless they bring in a live, unharmed mouse & then release it for a bit of sport, only to have it escape....... :ohmy:

elibump

« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2009, 17:52 »
Unless they bring in a live, unharmed mouse & then release it for a bit of sport, only to have it escape....... :ohmy:

Yes quite frequently but we do have 3 cats (well 2, Monstie is too old and refined a ladee to do that chasing stuff) to share the load.

Eli xx

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2009, 17:53 »
I'm not a wuss anymore - totally hardened to waking up to mice being dropped on my head at night, honest  ::) It was just the first time I'd ever had a cat (Dad always dealt with the offerings before) and the amount of them that shocked me  :ohmy:

I dont get birds either, since the cats learnt not to kill even the chicks they seem to ignore birds - I have seen Caesar look in the opposite direction as if to pretend a bird didnt exist before!!! And they also think rabbits and big eared cats due to my  house bunnies so thankfully dont get any of those brought in.

It does bother me that they bring in voles, but I'm grateful for the mice and rats  being culled by them so cant be too annoyed with them, they are just doing what comes naturally to them I suppose  ;) Oh, they never eat them, may play with them a bit but that's it. And the chickens do so love to eat them - they run after each other with mice bits hanging out of their beaks - yucky creatures!

too many girls

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2009, 18:30 »
you lot should think yourselves lucky, i get a steady stream of headless rabbits, rats and whatever else they can get their paws on dragged through my bedroom window on a regular basis (sometimes i can't see out of my window for mud and blood and bits of vermin stuck to the glass) Casper my dog is particularly fond of leaving me presents burried in my bed and under my pillows ::)

plum crumble

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2009, 18:45 »
hmm, so the slugs attached to Ted's fur as he strolls in from sleeping in the borders really are pathetically innocuous in comparison to you lot.  :lol: I don't have a cat-flap. I am Ted's personal door slave.
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 38 queries.