The sloes are slow

• 18 Replies

jennyb

• Hiding in the Greenhouse
    • My Blog
The sloes are slow
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 21:56 »
managed to find a few sloes in my part of the world today but very few considering this specific field is lined with the bushes!

jon & lesley

slow sloes
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 20:22 »
well we have been looking forward to making our 1st batch of sloe gin all year,we know where all the bushes are.we went to a spot where last year they were in copious amounts,this year we went out last weekend pots bags etc all well prepared only to be very disapointed to find barely a handfull.oh well roll on next year.we are in watford by the way

alibean

• Experienced Member
The sloes are slow
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 21:20 »
Hampshire was a right washout this year - lots of sloes but really small and with * all juice (usual spot a good bet in recent years) - had to go home and console myself with a glass of jerusalem artichoke wine or several....

tallulah

The sloes are slow
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 17:51 »
Well it looks like my local area is devoid of sloes; I've had it confirmed by other villagers.  But my OH found a healthy supply around 20 miles away - strange that.  Wish he'd thought to pick some for me whilst he was there.  I was moaning about the lack of sloe to a bloke who was desperately looking for them in Kircudbrightshire, where I go on holiday.  He said when there is a bad sloe year, he uses cranberries instead, which he gets fresh from the supermarket.  Festive I guess, but not the same as that 'Oh this is made from real Suffolk sloes that I picked myself!' boast!

xx
sloes for gin.

Started by bexy on Homebrew

8 Replies
Last post November 24, 2009, 21:57
by Julesanne
xx
sloes

Started by pushrod on Homebrew

4 Replies
Last post September 04, 2009, 16:34
by Harry Flashman VC
xx
sloes

Started by ciderman on Homebrew

24 Replies
Last post October 23, 2009, 22:07
by jon & lesley
xx
Quick one... Are these Sloes?

Started by Bigfatsi on Homebrew

12 Replies
Last post September 12, 2010, 16:06
by madcat

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 38 queries.