Homebase pre planted chilies

• 1 Replies

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Homebase pre planted chilies
« on: July 30, 2012, 23:04 »
hi all

My loverly husband adores cayenne peppers, but we have had a bad year this year for germ on both chillies and toms.  We bought the large 2 for £10 cayenne pepper plant deal that were flowering profusely on purchase but now are developing as Bells.

Anyone had the same? I didnt keep the receipt as it got washed in my allotment pants (!) but it would be interesting if someone has had the same experience.
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

sarajane

Re: Homebase pre planted chilies
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 23:22 »
Have you still got the labels that usually come with the plant.  If you have (or even if you haven't) I'd take them back, tell them they were misold, you expect your money back but you still want the plants as you have spent time and energy looking after them   ???

Still doesn't alter the fact though that you haven't got chillis for your OH unless they have some large plants to exchange them with.

xx
Chilies

Started by kezlou on Grow Your Own

28 Replies
Last post September 14, 2008, 22:18
by gobs
xx
Not many Chilies

Started by BigA on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post July 02, 2007, 22:52
by Aidy
xx
Heatless chilies? Not any more!!!

Started by Ice on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post November 22, 2008, 16:36
by Ice
xx
Has anyone grown'Joe's Long' chilies?

Started by Ice on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post September 22, 2008, 11:56
by gobs

Page created in 0.35 seconds with 39 queries.