Chicken Boarding

• 4 Replies

Mr Toolbag

Chicken Boarding
« on: November 22, 2011, 13:48 »
Hi Guys,

We have 4 hens that we need to find a holiday home for, we are away over the Christmas/New Year periods. Looking for somewhere in the Warwickshire area....

Mr Toolbag
(AKA Chris)

Chookiechook

• riverside quails
Re: Chicken Boarding
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 16:55 »
I offer chookie boarding but am all the way down in Hampshire :(  I dont think there are many places at the moment to be honest. :(
I love Pekins, Polands and Seramas :) and eggs!!!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 16:58 »
personally I wouldn't board my chickens out (no offence meant here chookiechook) as they can get stressed being moved to a strange place. Do you not have a friend or neighbour who can chicken sit for you in return for eggs and maybe fuel money if they have to travel?
There are also some pet sitting companies that come out to dogs etc and perhaps they may come twice a day to see to your hens  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

ManicMum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 18:22 »
Let your neighbours know you're going away - ours have to take turns to chicken-sit!

I leave "The Idiot's Guide" pinned inside the shed door so they have a list of jobs to refer to, they get the eggs and the pleasure of short-term care.....some are now thinking about getting their own girls - well, that's what got us started.

Reliable local teenagers are also a possibility: they're always keen to earn a few quid - your vet might know of someone suitable.

I wouldn't want to move our girls to board elsewhere because of the stress and the risk of infection from different ground.

ManicMum

camillerim

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 12:12 »
Hello. I too live in Warwicshire and would like to board my chickens this Christmas. If we go away in the summer time, my neighbours are happy to look after them, but not this time of year with the muddy ground etc..
Last year I found a lovely place in Northampton..an hour away but it was worth it. The chickens settled in straight away so I was happy to leave them. They also settled back home well after a month away. Unfortunately, I cannot get in touch with the same place for some reason which is very worrying. I have been given a contact in rugby, which so far not been in touch with. I would be glad of some help too if you have had any success.
Please keep in touch! 8

xx
Chicken Boarding?

Started by mccudden on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post July 07, 2010, 12:10
by klou
xx
Chicken Boarding

Started by JMF on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 11, 2013, 19:24
by thechicken
xx
Boarding

Started by chris73 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 22, 2022, 17:26
by New shoot
xx
Advice for Boarding Chickens

Started by tam on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post April 04, 2013, 11:56
by Kenilworth

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 36 queries.