A friend is looking into going from LPG to a multifuel boiler

• 3 Replies

Celery

• Experienced Member
Have any of you had any experience of multifuel boilers? If so which one.

:unsure:                                                                                 celery

Renewables

• Renewable Energy & Self Sufficiency UK
Re: A friend is looking into going from LPG to a multifuel boiler
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 17:45 »
Hi Celery,

Hope you are still active on here, I live in Ruskington and grow my own fruit and vegetables, I am looking to speak with other growers local to the area.

Andy
Going back to basics to move forward in life.

cc

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 14:11 »
Have any of you had any experience of multifuel boilers? If so which one.

:unsure:                                                                                 celery
I would not advise it. I have both, central heating from LPG (tank not bottle) very very expensive but so is wood if you buy it. Would suggest what I do which is leave doors open and have a wood burner in the living room and back it up with the LPG central heating. Use the central heating when you need to. Note I have a two bedroom bungalow. I have 2 standard kettles on the top and one small one. Trivets underneath if the kettles starts to boil. Electric bill lower in winter than summer. Use the hot water for washing up dishes right through to putting it in the washing machine. This way if you can't get free wood you still have your LPG. LPG is much more expensive than oil (for central heating definitely not for cooking on). One advantage of LPG tank is nobody nicks unlike oil!
PS cook stew on top using it like a slow cooker.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 18:12 »
Celery was last active on the site in 2011, so I suspect won't see your message, cc, but useful information nevertheless.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 35 queries.