New Strimmer

• 11 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
New Strimmer
« on: March 26, 2022, 19:58 »
 :( due to ongoing issues with fuel and my old petrol strimmer I have bitten the bullet and bought a cordless one.

All my power tools are Dewalt XR's so I thought as I have a good supply of batteries the Dewalt is the one for me.
Just waiting for it to arrive.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: New Strimmer
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 19:27 »
I’ve got one of their electric strimmers.  It’s a good bit of kit  :)

jezza

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 20:48 »
Hello it depends on the mske of strimmer as to the fuel issues  I have 2 Stihls a FS400 and  FS 460 both have been on E 10 with out starting problems I alternate between E 5 and E 10,the E 10 gets an Ethanol inhibitor in the can   jezza

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 20:18 »
Hello it depends on the mske of strimmer as to the fuel issues  I have 2 Stihls a FS400 and  FS 460 both have been on E 10 with out starting problems I alternate between E 5 and E 10,the E 10 gets an Ethanol inhibitor in the can   jezza
My old one was a McCulloc, seemed ok but then with the change of petrol started playing up.

Dewalt cordless, Far superior  :lol: put at a battery on, flick the switch and away we go, no mixing petrol, no spilling it, no emptying it.

The only downside is taking the battery off and putting it in the charger :lol: :lol: :lol:

jezza

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2022, 06:26 »
Hello what's the run time on a charge for the strimmer,I've looked at cordless machinery but have issues with the power station near me ,its supposed to be environmentally friendly ,it takes 100 acres a day of timber from America  for its power this timber is sent to Germany and Sweden to be processed into pellets then to England to be transported by train to the power station,this puts me off using cordless machinery   jezza

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 20:03 »
Hello what's the run time on a charge for the strimmer,I've looked at cordless machinery but have issues with the power station near me ,its supposed to be environmentally friendly ,it takes 100 acres a day of timber from America  for its power this timber is sent to Germany and Sweden to be processed into pellets then to England to be transported by train to the power station,this puts me off using cordless machinery   jezza

With a 5amp battery you will look around 40 mins un time they say, I use a 1.5 amp which is enough to strim everything around the plot thats required. If I am doing a lot I will chuck me 4 amp battery on and I as yet not run out of power.

GraciesGran

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2022, 19:15 »
Am considering buying a cordless strimmer do will look at these

pepsi100

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2022, 00:39 »
I have a cordless strimmer, my second one, its made by G Tech

It does all the edges of my lawn, with power to spare (I have spare batteries anyway)

It has these plastic things that do the work, they tend to fly off when they wear down though

I bought mine when it was just released and I got a discount on it, 24 hour delivery as well (arrived less than 24 hours after ordering it)

I'm happy with mine :D
It's all about the journey, not the destination

Sparkyweb

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2023, 11:58 »
I know this is an old post, but I wanted to follow up. I am looking at an electric strimmer for my plot any new advice or even follow up from you guys above now you've had another seasons usage?

pepsi100

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2023, 12:19 »
I've had my battery strimmer for two years (I think) its a battery one from Gtech, come with a battery, it has adjustable handle and head, plenty of the green tabs that cut the grass/weeds (sometimes they do tend to fly off though)

I phoned them to buy it and I got a nice discount

Well it does the job, no trailing cords, battery lasts quite a time (I've just finished using it)

I'm very happy with it

Just needs a brush down to get rid of the grass that attaches its self to it
Battery will go on charge ready for next time

(here is a link for it... https://www.gtech.co.uk/garden-tools/grass-trimmers.html
thumbnail_IMG_2832.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2833.jpg

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2023, 07:27 »
I’ve had my Dewalt strimmer for a few years now.  Not sure how long, but at least 4-5.

It has lasted well and I’m very happy with it. The only upkeep expense has been buying some more cutting line for it.

Sparkyweb

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2023, 19:03 »
Brilliant, thanks I will have a look at these and keep you posted.

xx
advice on strimmer / hedge strimmer

Started by The Golden Heap on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post May 29, 2012, 09:32
by smud6ie
xx
Strimmer Help

Started by squiffy2 on Equipment Shed

13 Replies
Last post June 09, 2008, 08:17
by amberleaf
xx
Strimmer

Started by seadart on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post July 11, 2007, 11:48
by new_2_veg
xx
Strimmer

Started by mdjlucan on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post May 28, 2017, 23:09
by jezza

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 49 queries.