Fostering dogs

• 18 Replies

twissle

• Experienced Member
Re: Fostering dogs
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 07:10 »
Hi honey

I do fostering too for 2 different agencys.

It is hard to let them go but i aways keep in touch by email with the adoptive familys. Most are quite happy to keep you updated for a while.

The changes in the little mites betwen you getting them and when they go are unbelievable. We named one of ours dodge and you can imagine why. He could pick a pocket and leg it with it before the person even knew it was no longer in their pocket. We would put him outside for a wee and when we shut the door and turned round he was on the sofa grinning at us. jumping through a window was noissues for him. But when he arrived he dropped his head if the other dogs try to talk to him he cowered.

I love happy endings

Haha i've got a dog just like that :D.
I'm so proud of this boy as you say he came to me head down, Was fear aggressive on the lead with other dog's :(. And four week's later his walking side by side with my lab, lol His still not that struck on my nutty springer though, Poor girl only want's to play :lol:.

The couple how are having him have said they will keep in touch, And he'll be coming to me for his holiday's :D

twissle

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 07:13 »
It will get easier as you get used to seeing happy new owners with their new family member.....till you see THE ONE....you can't let go! :D

Well done on a job well done. :)
Lol I'd love to say your wrong, But yep there will be that one and i no as soon as he or she jump's out of the car :tongue2: :D

Kym503

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 15:35 »
I fostered 3 dogs for a local charity before Pippa turned up a few days after Christmas 9 years ago.  She refused to leave and now rules the house!!  In fact she's laying on the sofa as I type pretending not to see or hear me.  I'm surprised she hasn't learnt to use the remote control yet!!

twissle

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 16:08 »
Haha. Don't you just love em :D.
I've promised myself i can keep one when it feel's right :), But will still have room and time to carry on with the fostering :D

xx
Fostering another dog for a few days...and now another dog

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

22 Replies
Last post July 14, 2013, 22:06
by ANHBUC
xx
We are fostering an injured dog- sad news

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

75 Replies
Last post August 13, 2012, 16:50
by grendel
xx
RAW dogs food do you get it?

Started by gizooty on Pets without Feathers

12 Replies
Last post December 04, 2009, 10:17
by Rubellite
xx
Dogs, does anyone really understand them?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post August 02, 2022, 23:30
by John

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 38 queries.