what is it ?

• 6 Replies

jules n tony

what is it ?
« on: July 09, 2010, 13:36 »
as in my last post i have what i think is/ was a spring onion it is now about 4 ft tall with a bud or what looks like a seed pod about 2inch from the top of its stem i took it out of the ground just to look n see if it was a spring onion and i dont know it smells like one but is green until about 1cm from the roots where it is white ive replanted it now can anyone tell me what it is or what to do with the seed pod

Ice

• muck spreader
Re: what is it ?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 13:39 »
Any chance of a photo?
Cheese makes everything better.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 13:52 »
There's a good chance that having pulled whatever it is up, you have terminated its existence! Don't be too hopeful about it re-growing.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

jules n tony

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 15:13 »
i will do a photo today

Spana

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 15:38 »
There's a good chance that having pulled whatever it is up, you have terminated its existence! Don't be too hopeful about it re-growing.

I said those very words to my 13year old grandson, or very much like :lol:

He's really keen on veg growing but this year his beetroots and carrots took so long to germinate  they got weedy.  So what did he do, he dug them up, sorted them out and replanted the baby beetroot and carrots. I told him they would die, what a rotten nana :DBut what are they doing , they're growing lovely. :tongue2: :lol:

Hope your thingy does the same jules n tony :lol:

jules n tony

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 15:40 »
thanks im trying to upload a photo of it

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 16:08 »

I said those very words to my 13year old grandson, or very much like :lol:

He's really keen on veg growing but this year his beetroots and carrots took so long to germinate  they got weedy.  So what did he do, he dug them up, sorted them out and replanted the baby beetroot and carrots. I told him they would die, what a rotten nana :DBut what are they doing , they're growing lovely. :tongue2: :lol:

Hope your thingy does the same jules n tony :lol:

Difference being they are like kids - young and mend easily!

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 39 queries.