Can anyone tell me why

• 7 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Can anyone tell me why
« on: January 17, 2020, 12:06 »
I bought 4 packs of potato seeds when last year I decided I would only grow a few in pots?  :wacko:
I guess I'll be planting some in a bed after all..... off to change the plan yet again, then  :lol: :lol:

Is it just me?  :unsure:

wapello

• Experienced Member
Re: Can anyone tell me why
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 13:12 »
I remember 50 years ago my old dad said to me never interupt a lady when she is talking, and don"t
try to fathom a lady out because you will never get to the bottom, :nowink:
It still rings true today, ::)         sorry M O S its  just you, :unsure:
Colin

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 15:27 »
I bought 4 packs of potato seeds when last year I decided I would only grow a few in pots?  :wacko:
I guess I'll be planting some in a bed after all..... off to change the plan yet again, then  :lol: :lol:

Is it just me?  :unsure:

I think it's everyone with their hobby. Your hobby is gardening so that's there your vulnerable.

We're mapping out the new plot and the plan is changing every 15 minutes. It changed 10 minutes ago, when we became aware of... the big hairy thing, in the corner.

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 21:26 »
Mum, when we had the 'Patch' and the 'Plot', I used to manage a huge Excel spreadsheet with all the bed measurements, what we planted etc, with an intricate plan, all coloured and numbered, printed and copied...

...then I went and changed it all most Saturday mornings, and had to come home and alter it all...

Its a winter thing, and you have to conform, which means you change your mind about every ten minutes!

Wouldn't gardening be boring if we all did it from a single plan starting on January 1st!

Nobody does that!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 10:24 »
I bought 4 packs of potato seeds when ...

Karma  ;)  I have resisted buying too many seed potatoes this year, so the seed potato fairy had to find another ear to whisper into  :lol:

Mind you I was getting there with my plan and now my seed circle pack has arrived  :wacko:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 11:26 »
My local (independant) garden centre phoned me yesterday to tell me their seed potatoes are in... great service.  They sell them loose and have lots of varieties, so kid in the candy store time for us.

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 17:33 »
Mrs Growster and I have started our list for a visit to Brookside Nursery, near East Peckham (Kentish chums may know it), and we're off there next week...

The list has eight items at the moment, so we'll end up buying at least three times that, plus several gnomes, an electric wheelbarrow and a ride-on strimmer...

rowlandwells

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 18:43 »
an electric wheelbarrow that sounds interesting growster anyway we went to our local nursery to see if they had there seed potatoes in and yep they had quite a few varieties this year as I had already ordered my main crop potatoes I thought well we don't really need to many more seed potatoes

so we started sorting out the seed we wanted I filled several bags I think about six then  a voice said that's enough seed I said well I just wanted to try some .other varieties then I seem that person diving in the boxes filling the own bag so I said O" do you need more seed potatoes when I've just filled several bags that should be enough

the reply there for planting in my drums do we need potatoes in drums I asked and BANG I had my lughole bent who's buying these potatoes I'm setting potatoes in my drums OK  >:(

now I'm a person that stands his ground whatever why should I give in so its potatoes in drums folks  :D :D

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 47 queries.