Are you Crafty ??

• 1184 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Are you Crafty ??
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2012, 13:05 »
Ooooh Casey they are lovely!

When I worked in London I started making jewellery from beads and semi precious stones, for myself and daughters, but after someone asked me at work if I sold them, I did start a little business up, but I am not that good at stringing.  I've done simple things, but I love that necklace and bracelet!  Beautiful!

I did a silversmithing course once too and made a few lovely bits, mainly earrings and bracelets.

As this thread is really about Auntie's Little girl picture, shall I start a thread in the general forum, so people can put pics of their projects on there?

It would be nice to see what everyone does with their spare time???

Casey76

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2012, 13:06 »
I think that's a great idea Ann :)

Oliveview

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2012, 13:55 »
I know what you mean about selling your home made ´stuff´ I had made loads of cross stitch pictures, all given for gifts- I did get some back though- when mother in law and Jim ´s aunties died!
I find it embarrassing to be asked how much would such and such be if you made it- well if you charged by the hour a lot!  I did once make a map of Essex in cross stitch, and sold that for the church building fund- then I was asked to make another later on, so I did and asked 10 pounds- the lady was horrified I had asked for 10 pounds- she gave me 25 pounds  :D :D
The jewellery is lovely, now that really is a craft!

Pamela

ps I have a cat pattern to make key rings now

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2012, 14:27 »
Okay, we sometimes get treated to a photo of something someone has made, either to eat, give as gifts, sell, or just for themselves.

We have a lot of talented people on the forums, so I thought a thread asking people to put a photo on here of some of their homecrafted items, whatever it is, (as long as its not offensive to others!) would be nice.

I'll start off then with a cross stitch which I made for my daughter's 30th birthday and turned it into her birthday card by sticking a blank card to the back of the frame.  Darn, didn't realise it was fuzzy!  :(

So come on everyone, show us your stuff   :lol: :lol:
MERMAID 002.JPG
MERMAID 003.JPG
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 14:28 by GrannieAnnie »

Springlands

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2012, 14:31 »
GA - that is a card that anyone would want to receive - much nicer and more personal than any shop bought one could ever be.  :)

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2012, 14:36 »
Thanks Springlands, I don't do so much XS at the moment, must get my head around it soon, but I do make almost all my greetings cards.

They are usually decoupaged or something. 

When I worked in London, my boss at the time was married to a Swedish lady, and he asked if I could stitch her a Christmas Card with a Swedish Santa Claus on it.  I had one in a magazine, and he was so pleased with it he gave me £5!!!!  lol

Trillium

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2012, 15:31 »
Very nice jewellery pieces, Casey.

Springlands

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2012, 15:33 »
Could be a business idea - but then it would not be any fun.

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2012, 16:15 »
That's lovely GA!  :D

I can't find any pics at the moment but I used to make cloth nappies, I made most of my children's and took pride in showing off their home made cloth clad bottoms.  :lol: :lol:

My husband is very clever and made this Porsche hubcap guitar a couple of weeks ago.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2012, 16:18 »
I did sell quite a few in those days.  One lady bought a 'cheap' half price card from Paperchase.  Look at this she said to me, it was half price, only £2.20p.

All it was, was a plain green card, with a little square on it and a tiny Christmas tree.  I told her I could have made her one cheaper than that and better.  She asked to see and I took one in that I'd just done of a red rose that I'd put on acetate, glass painted it and put it in the aperture.

Oh I want that one she said.  I told her I didn't sell them, but she kept on so I sold it to her for £1.  Then someone else came over to look and asked if I'd do one for her and I'm not one to turn down an opportunity, but I never advertised. 

This was the first thing I stitched for someone, looks so childish now when I think of the other things I've done! lol
Baby Ted's (300 x 216).jpg

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2012, 16:19 »
Oh JaK, that's brilliant!  What an inventive man your hubby is!  :)

Goosegirl

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2012, 16:25 »
I took two photos and tried to put them on here like I did with another pic recently. Nope - can't remember how I did it. I have pixresizer, M. O. Picture Manager and PhotoStudio 5.5 and have tried them all. Bum!  ::)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2012, 16:39 »

As this thread is really about Auntie's Little girl picture, shall I start a thread in the general forum, so people can put pics of their projects on there?

It would be nice to see what everyone does with their spare time???

I did ask for others to post their projects here, Ann.

But do by all means post a topic on Chatting.  I would be very interesting and perhaps give us all some ideas for winter evenings.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2012, 16:44 »
I know you did Lesley, because that's the person you are! lol  But this thread is only in the Ice Box isn't it and I thought a general one would be nice.  Already got a lovely guitar on there!!!   :)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2012, 17:04 »
A general one for all in chatting is definitely a good idea, Ann :)

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 54 queries.