Amazon Delivery

• 3 Replies

mrs bouquet

Amazon Delivery
« on: June 19, 2019, 20:36 »
I order quite often from Amazon, but this is the first time I have a problem.   Goods due today, so stayed in.
Not arrived, so have emailed the Company.   I believe they are in China, because I ordered this little gift at the beginning of May.   I have been tracking around the World.  But let down at the last hurdle.
Do I just wait now and see what happens ?    (not really much else I can do  >:()  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

sospan

Re: Amazon Delivery
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 21:12 »
There are two things, if Amazon said it was being delivered and it didn't turn up or it was promised by a set date and hasn't been delivered yet (late)

If it is late you can contact the supplier via Amazon or contact Amazon. They are pretty good at resolving these and will give you a refund promptly if it us very late.

The other one is when Amazon said it will be delivered today and it doesn't turn up. Sometimes they do get lost with the courier firm and it either gets delivered a few days later or gets marked as lost in transit and you get a refund.

The worst one is when they say it has been delivered and it clearly hasn't they take ages to resolve - I had one earlier in the year.   I was waiting for a parcel and then suddenly in the evening the status of the parcel changed to delivered. I queried it with Amazon and they said it had been delivered.  I repeated that it could not have been delivered as I had been in all day, our dogs would have let us know and he would have been picked up by our door bell and cctv.  The guy was adamant it had been delivered but  then after being pushed told me it could have been a neighbour .... but couldn't tell me which one but it could be in the next street ...... and asked me if I would go door to door around 20 houses to find my parcel. After several weeks they had to admit the courier was in error and I got a refund.

So very much mixed results

DanielCoffey

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 07:17 »
Remember that there is a difference between Amazon and the Amazon Marketplace. Unless it says it is shipped by Amazon or "fulfilled by Amazon" then it is just some guy somewhere in the world using Amazon's website as a virtual storefront.

Yes you do have protection when shopping through the website but you have to follow their procedures when things go wrong.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 12:12 »
Thank you for your replies.  You were right.   I contact the seller in China, and they suggested, I wait a few more days, and if it hadn't arrive by 24 June, they would refund me.
But it has arrived today, the courier didn't ring my doorbell.  I heard the noise as it came through the letterbox.   When I opened it, it was just what I wanted for my son-in-law's birthday which was 7th June.
But better late than running around the roads asking neighbours if they had it !  Thanks again and I shall look out for fulfilled by amazon or marketplace, I hadn't realised that, I suppose because I have never had a problem before.   regards  Mrs Bouquet

xx
Amazon scam

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post January 14, 2021, 10:29
by jezza
xx
Amazon Prime scam

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

28 Replies
Last post July 24, 2020, 11:05
by Aunt Sally
xx
The pros and cons of Amazon Prime.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post July 19, 2020, 09:50
by Blackpool rocket
xx
Amazon Prime Scam Warning

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post November 20, 2019, 17:01
by Growster...

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 39 queries.