my egg is cheeping.....!!!!

• 3 Replies

lisacj

my egg is cheeping.....!!!!
« on: June 17, 2010, 14:22 »
...but no sign of pipping. Should I be worried? The 21 days is up on Sunday - this is the first incy hatch I've done so I don't know if I should be helping/ignoring/? I've put a little bowl of water in for the humidity, but have mo way to measure the humidity so should I add another bowl? (the incy was a panic solution this morning when my broody hens decided not to be broody any more and I found cold eggs first thing! I've candled them and can see movement and heard the ldest one cheep)
All advice gratefully received!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 14:25 by lisacj »

sarah f

• Experienced Member
Re: my egg is cheeping.....!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 14:26 »
noooooooo dont be worried, when i first hatched chicks i wondered where the noise was coming from quite a few days before mine hatched, they will come when ready.

Casey76

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 14:28 »
Sit on your hands!  Leave the eggs well alone.  They have aaaaaaages to go yet if they are not due til Sunday (I know as I have an incubator full due on Sunday)!

lisacj

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 14:35 »
oooooo - thanks so much for replying so quickly  - I hope nothing happens until Sunday coz I have to go away tomorrow morning (back sunday) and the incy will be left in the care of my two little girls and Grandma! What should I tell them? Just to keep an eye? I know if the chicks hatch, they don't need anything for 48 hrs so I'm not worried about food, but I'm worried I won't be there if the chicks need helping out of their shells?? Ooooh - this is worse than being pregnant myself!! :blink:

xx
Eggs cheeping question

Started by themagicaltoad1 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post April 12, 2010, 19:50
by joyfull
xx
cheeping from eggs, how long left?

Started by jonandjen16 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post July 08, 2008, 10:03
by Fifitrix

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 39 queries.