Two Luverly Black Eyes !

• 11 Replies

mrs bouquet

Two Luverly Black Eyes !
« on: February 05, 2019, 14:22 »
After I had my cornea transplants, I finished up with very dry eye which none of the medications seem to help.
A few months ago, they put plugs into my tear ducts, they fell out.  So they tried different sizes to no avail.
Today I have been to our State-of-the-Art, new eye hospital, and had my tear ducts permanently lasered up, shut, for good.    First, numbing drops (allegedly), then the large syringe to inject into my eye lids to totally numb them.    OMG, it was so painful.   Then they did the lasering bit, its horrid because you can see (and smell) it all.

I sat in the waiting area afterward for about an hour, before I could drive home, but consoled myself with a cuppa, and piece of homemade lemon drizzle cake, and I also bought a lemon and thyme scone, all of which are made daily by one of the volunteers.

So I am safely home, with huge black eyes, which are quite sore at the moment, and ointment to apply 4 x daily for 1 week, along with all the steroid drops etc which I also have to use.

But the biggest shock, was to learn that, there should have been 153 patients there today, and when I left only 18 had shown up, and apparently it is like it every day !!!!!!     Maybe the missing patients should be fined, what do you think ?      Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: Two Luverly Black Eyes !
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 14:34 »
Firstly, I'm so sorry your cataract op didn't quite go to plan. Both of my ops never had a dry eye problem so I don't know why yours did.
Secondly, I agree that people who don't turn up to appointments without a valid reason for doing so should be made to pay for wasting everyone's time. Ok, maybe a GP would welcome a bit more time with their patients if one doesn't turn up but that's not the point. It's just common courtesy to let someone know if you can't be there so they can re-arrange what's necessary for other people.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 17:23 »
Gg, it wasn't cataracts.  It was Cornea Transplants.   So I had to wait for  donor.   They were done about 12 years ago, and cataracts were removed at the same time.  I was in hospital for 3 days.  But one of the side-effects can be chronic dry eye.   Just another chapter to go in my very unbelievable biography.    :D :D :D Mrs Bouquet

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 18:43 »
first and foremost I hope things get back to normal for you Mrs B and obviously you will feel much better when you can get out and about doing things you like doing and you will be looking forward to spring when the days get longer and our gardens start to wake up

and a slice of homemade lemon drizzle cake my favourite with a sweet cup of tea what more could one ask for  :D

as for your missing patients its unbelievable  when the NHS  comes  under so much criticism to find people can't be bothered to attend there appointments I had a spell in hospital myself and I can't thank the NHS  enough for the care I received to get me fit and well again together with the backup of the out patients   its understandable if people can't attend there appointments if the ill but if they just can't be bothered to turn up then they should be put at the back of the appointment booking 

anyway good luck and god bless for a healthy recovery from Rowland  and Georgena

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 21:18 »
   I once tried to cancel an appointment at our local hospital. It was a recorded message where we had to go from choice to choice. I had to leave my name which couldn't be understood. I did it twice then waited for a call operator which didn't happen. After doing all this twice i gave up. It's not always the patient.

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 07:40 »
Wishing you a speedy recovery Mrs B. As for the DNA’s as we called them, when I worked in the NHS by the time I left we offered 2 appointments & then no more & it was up to the family to make contact unless it was a vulnerable child or ‘on the register, as was’. When I first started some 14 years ago we went to great lengths to make contact but in the end we just didn’t have the staff or time to keep sending letters, checking addresses,phone numbers, visiting the house to hand deliver etc.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 12:13 »
Correction  -   I put lasered -  My mistake, I should have put cauterised.   It is actually called 'Punctal Cautery'
I have just watched a video of what he did.   Crikey, no wonder it hurt  :D :D  Mrs Bouquet

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 20:19 »
Wishing you a speedy recovery, Mrs B  :ohmy:

Whenever I have a medical appointment (or my dentist), I get a text message 4 days  beforehand, to remind me.  If I need to cancel then I just reply to the text (not had to do so yet, but it looks very easy).
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

mrs bouquet

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 10:04 »
I do get a text from the Dentist, but not so the hospital appointments.  I must look for the suggestion box.  But maybe they took it away, due to some of the suggestions    :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 17:48 »
Not been on the site for a little while and its all about eyes  :ohmy:

Hope everything settles down and start to get back to normal Mrs B.

Missed appointments cost the NHS millions upon millions and it is so annoying, we phone the day before to ensure all patients turn up, 3 strike rule, 3 no shows and thats it, go and waste someone elses time.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

jezza

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 20:41 »
hello I get text message alerts for doctors appointments our doctor asks for text numbers when they renewed their   GDPR policy     had eye injection on Tuesday got another appointment this morning by letter  jezza

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 08:37 »
I do get a text from the Dentist, but not so the hospital appointments.  I must look for the suggestion box.  But maybe they took it away, due to some of the suggestions    :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

:lol:

Yes, do make the suggestion.  I got the messages from the hospital and the physio for my broken foot the last few months.

xx
Did my eyes decieve me?

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post April 25, 2019, 14:36
by Goosegirl
xx
Black Stones - Done it !!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 27, 2018, 11:57
by mrs bouquet
xx
Inundation of black flies.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post August 09, 2018, 12:41
by Goosegirl
xx
Black Magic's got me in it's spell !

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post December 10, 2018, 17:15
by Growster...

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 52 queries.