weird names for our chooks

• 48 Replies

rachelr

weird names for our chooks
« on: September 27, 2010, 11:32 »
I dont know if this has already been done but being nosy I wondered wat sort of names you all gave your birds.

I have flopsy, topsy, little one, henrietta, esmerelda, paxo, and nuggets

bantam novice

Re: weird names for our chooks
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 11:39 »
Don't know if mine are wierd but I have Black Beauty, Bianca, Elanor, Snowy, Jet and Bloomers (with feather legs - looks like she's wearing them)
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

PaulineM

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 11:40 »
I don't have weird names but mine are:  Mabel, Betsy, Sookie, Mrs Pepperpot, Henrietta and Matilda  :)
1 Hubby, 2 children, 2 Welsummers, 1 Leghorn Banty, 1 Wyandotte Banty, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Isa Brown, 1 Rhode Island, 1 Goldline,1 Maran, 2 Mottled Leghorns, 1 Leghorn cockerel & 2 Jack Russells

Kelloggs

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 11:41 »
Heres mine:

I have Sharjah, Fujairah, Petra, Sky, Masafi, Indigo, Sandy, Mandy, Henny-Penny, Tiffany,Shadow, Brandy, Cola, Atlantis, Bella, Blue Bell, Dumpling , Saffron, Summer, Miss Fizz, Muffin, Fuzz , lilo Lil And a few of my young brahmas and faverolles I'm keeping haven't got names yet..............don't think I've forgot anyone ::)

NormandyMary

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 11:45 »
All Ive got at the moment is Rusty, Ruby (they're red birds funnily enough!), Blondie and Miss Sprinkles are my light sussex girls, and Miss Gray is..well, grey.
Oh and dont forget Monty.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 11:51 »
3 black girls that I was sold as araucanas but turned out to be crosses  :( are called Miss Sold,, Miss Led and Miss Stake  :lol:
The rest of mine have names from the 1940's and 50's including one of my hens called Brenda Lee as she keeps going broody and lays Sweet Nothings -

1stieusjP-g
Staffies are softer than you think.

wolverine

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 12:31 »
Mine are names after star wars characters ive got annie ( anakin sky walker ) lou ( luke sky walker ) and of course yes you guessed it the highly original princess layer ha ha geeky hey  :nowink:
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it."

Tiggersmate

• New chicks out for their first walk with mum
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 12:40 »
Haven't got weird names they are all old fashioned girls........rosie, hattie, tilly, annie,winnie,peggy, clara, polly, ethel, dora, ingrid, penny, mona, ginge, alice, molly, milly, cleo, wanda, elsie, and of course the general. 2 chicks I think are going to be mabel and matilda.......and yes I do know which is which, although other half doesn't...he'll pick one up and say "who's this"  lol xx
Hooked on chooks !

D

• Experienced Member
  • Bella
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 12:54 »
Mine are named after ancient gods for the most part, I have Freya, Juno, Minerva, Lido, Venus, Ursula, Athena and Zeus. The others have ordinary names - Bella, Nugget, Eddie and the Twins (my two light sussex hens - called the twins because I can't differentiate that well!).

orchardlady

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 13:00 »
I used to have a pair of hens called Polly and Peck and I know a chocolate Lab called O.B.E said  like OBE one Kanobie in Star Wars because the owners father had just received an O.B.E. I've met a Romeo and Juliet (cat and dog) and two black Labs called Black and Decker.  I once knew a girl called Crystal who married a Mr. Clear. Finally my schooldays sewing teacher was called Miss Button. Sorry it's a bit off the track but aren't names fun?! :D

Kathie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 13:06 »
We don't have wierd names, just weird reasons behind them eg 2 of our ex batts had combs that leaned to one side and OH said they were wearing them at a jaunty French angle, they then became Dawn and Jennifer (French&Saudners.. see weird!)

We also have Daisy, Pip not sure if this is a Philip or Philipa, Rusty, Dot, Sandy, Snowy, Minnie, Tiny and Wiggy (still looks like her head needs to mature)

Ducklings yet to be named
3 dogs now, 2 passed RIP Poppy and Paige, one wonderful husband and a new adventure on this wonderful island

Jae Dawn

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 13:25 »
  Well when I was researching breeds I read somewhere that Polands were considered the Royalty of Chickens because of their feather top.  So when I went for names I went for Queen names ... Victoria, Elizabeth and Mary (they were all crowned due to heredity and not due to marriage)

Wanting to get more think I will name them Anne, Jane, and Katherine ( Henry VIII's wifes names... poor women)

Jeanette

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 13:55 »
My first flock was named after characters in Coronation St ( don't ask  my hubbys choice) The second lot is named after the people on Loose Women again hubbys choice. I don't mind him deciding on the names as long as i can carry on adding to them. :) :)

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 14:17 »
I have Dolly, Dozy & Darcey hens; Bumble & Bee drakes; Jade, Alice, Erin, Topaz, Holly, Daisy, Doobie, Pingu & Sapphire ducks; Lunch & Dinner who are this years two young drakes who are destined for the table; and not forgetting Sid & Nancy quail :)

evie2

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 14:35 »
First 5 were to be named after celestial bodies, Luna, Venus, Star, Galaxy and sons choice Uranus (typical14 year old toilet humour) so when the cockerels went we decided to change 2 names to Dotty and Georgie after my Mum and her sister.  Sadly all 3 were taken by the fox/badger.

Now we have, Tallulah, Tinker, Star, George and Drama Queen (Queenie) in one coop and Poppy, Pansy and the Sablepoots known as the babies at the moment in the other.

Our rabbits are Tiger, Fuifui and her sister Moimoi (named after a rugby league player) and baby Bella or Jacob (don't know the gender yet) Eils likes Twilight ::)

Then there's Merlin, Pandora, Loki and Freya the cats and Frisky the snake :D

Think every ones there
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

xx
Chicken names.

Started by JaK on Chicken Chat

58 Replies
Last post March 04, 2012, 20:05
by ANHBUC
xx
Need names for hens...

Started by Kaye on Chicken Chat

27 Replies
Last post April 10, 2011, 11:57
by wildwitchy
xx
names for chickens

Started by nerdle on Chicken Chat

50 Replies
Last post February 24, 2013, 13:11
by Flowerpower136
xx
Dumbest chicken names...

Started by chasechicken on Chicken Chat

33 Replies
Last post November 26, 2010, 17:12
by Helenaj

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 40 queries.