Have you got or did you have any of these !! LOL

• 16 Replies

mrs bouquet

Re: Have you got or did you have any of these !! LOL
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2022, 12:14 »
Walked into the bedroom yesterday to get the thingamy.   It made me really laugh, and I couldn't remember what I went in there for anyway.   :lol: :lol: :lol:  Mrs B
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
Re: Have you got or did you have any of these !! LOL
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2022, 22:39 »
Good morning everyone,

The navy use a grease the same colour as the uniform of the RAF, they call this grease "crabfat" hence the 'nickname' for we Brylcream boys. But of course I cannot tell you what we called "The Mateloties"!!

Look at any aircraft and remove the 'dashboard' and engines everything else is the responsibility of the 'riggers', from the early days of flying where the ground staff 'rigged' the wires between the byplane wings.  Responsible for everything from emptying the thunderboxes to replacing wings/tail assembly etc and servicing all the components that make the thing fly.

Other aircraft trades have nicknames, electricians are usually sparkies, electronics are usually faries, engine bashers - sumpies (just has to be) and the armourers - plumbers, (they deal with lengths of pipe)!

Cheers,   Tony.

I'm not a submariner, a super mariner, or a mariner of any kind, but I hear that new crew members (less than 1 year, before achieving Qualification) on US nuclear submarines are referred to as 'NUBs', which stands for 'non-useful bodies'.  Crewmen who work in the engine room are called 'Nukes'. If your life on the sub is forward of the engine room, you are a 'Coner'.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 37 queries.