Food waste - I think I might have a problem…

• 21 Replies

snowdrops

Re: Food waste - I think I might have a problem…
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2023, 17:17 »
I really couldn't face it today, apart from a fry-up of left over veg with some cold gammon will be good for tea - but I will be sorting the rest of the fridge tomorrow  ::)
Luckily the remainder of desserts/sweet thingies have mostly gone home with friends and family members LOL

Yes that’s why I just brought 1 piece of pudding back, best to avoid the temptation  :D
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2023, 17:31 »
I have to work all day tomorrow so wanted to get my fridge a bit clearer today. Chucking stuff in the slow cooker and walking away was not too bad and I am pleased with my stock  :)

Our pud was all gone yesterday so no temptation there, but someone did gift us a 1kg tin of M&S continental style choccy biccies so being good is on hold until they are gone  :lol:
IMG_6115.jpeg

Growster...

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2023, 07:01 »
Mrs Growster demanded some normal chips with what cold chicken and antipasti we have left, and that was my job...

...or rather my catastrophe...

After chopping the chips and heating the deep fryer, I didn't drain them for long enough, and even with an extra slow interrment of the chip basket, the whole shebang boiled up and over the top, all over the work top and onto our new washing machine which only arrived last Saturday!

Hmmmmph...

Something told me, when I was in Tesco last week, to buy some more of the big blue 'Plenty' kitchen paper and hellfire, didn't I need it all...

As far as waste is concerned, all the leftover meat and the rest of the parsnips went straight in the freezer after various lunches over the weekend, and now there's absolutely no room for anything at all!

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2023, 15:11 »
We have less left over than originally anticipated, as we had an extra mouth to feed on Christmas Day after my brother's stepdaughter's flight back to Amsterdam on Christmas Eve was cancelled (she went back yesterday instead)  :wacko:

Nevertheless, tonight we shall be doing Delia's special cottage pie, out of her old recipe book (about A5 in size but about 3" thick!). It's tradition, innit  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

wighty

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2023, 16:34 »
I woke up on Christmas Eve with toothache, I knew I had a filling fall out so wasn't surprised.   The gum is really swollen and sore under a wisdom tooth.  We had already taken the turkey out the freezer to defrost so  Paul cooked it and it has been portioned up and back in the freezer.  111 was very good but couldn't really help but did say there was a prescription  for strong painkillers available at their reception for me, so a journey to Newport to collect that and then to Ryde to the only  Pharmacy open.   The rest of the Christmas food is all still frozen and we have been eating what is fresh and can't be frozen.  We haven't  opened any of the biscuits, chocolates etc., yet.  My Dentist isn't open until after the New Year so I'll just have to sit here with soup, and the dips and other soft stuff.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2023, 21:21 »
Sorry to hear that Wighty and hope it gets sorted out soon :(

wighty

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2023, 16:43 »
The painkillers and antibiotics given to me through the 111 service have really done the job.   My Dentist is not open until the  4th January and I will book an emergency appointment .    Apparently because I'm  a registered 'paying' patient  I can only get  treatment from an emergency Dentist after a referral.

xx
Leftovers and waste

Started by New shoot on Kitchen Natter

64 Replies
Last post February 03, 2017, 22:03
by snowdrops
xx
Turning potential waste into ingredients

Started by New shoot on Kitchen Natter

1 Replies
Last post March 30, 2016, 23:03
by chrissie B
xx
Food processors

Started by Elaine G on Kitchen Natter

7 Replies
Last post August 25, 2017, 19:39
by LILLILEAF
xx
Food vacuum sealer

Started by jambop on Kitchen Natter

7 Replies
Last post January 25, 2021, 20:51
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 45 queries.