Not again damn fox

• 14 Replies

slowef

• http://journals.aol.co.uk/slowef/thehenhouse/
Not again damn fox
« on: January 16, 2008, 18:26 »
I can't believe the little * took another one in broad daylight today, at least I assume as I have a Silkie missing.  I  noticed she wasn't with the others when I put the snacks out but thought she was  laying. :cry:

Right who's got that gun and can they come round and have a shot at it for me please :evil:

Jellyhead

Not again damn fox
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 18:34 »
So sorry Sandra.  You, Bodger and Babe have all got it bad this year aye? Hope you get the little b******s soon  :evil:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

babe

• elvis king of chooks
Not again damn fox
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 18:48 »
not again sandra, are you ok. blow his bits off.

Fat Hen

Not again damn fox
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 19:07 »
Aww.  So sorry.  F'in foxes.  If i still had a shotgun you could have it, but my dad took an angle grinder to them.

I was against fox hunting but from recent posts on here i'm starting to change my mind.

Selkie

Not again damn fox
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 19:09 »
Oh Sandra, that's horrid - maybe the silkie managed to fly off though? (it's the eternal optimist in me) Maybe you will find her tomorrow, I really hope so.

daveinmanc

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.traffordangling.co.uk
Not again damn fox
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 19:31 »
you are having some trouble with that one arent ya  :cry:

i'd be tempted to resort to the ' any method that alleviates the problem' solution . . . . . .  hope it does turn up for ya, fingers crossed  :wink:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Not again damn fox
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 20:40 »
Oh no... So sorry  :cry:

Once foxy knows where there's an easy meal  :evil:

Do you have a foxproof run you can keep them in until the fox can be "removed" Sandra  :?:

Foxy

Not again damn fox
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 20:59 »
Not again!!
I am really sorry :cry:  :cry:

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
Not again damn fox
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 21:05 »
Quote from: "Fat Hen"
I was against fox hunting but from recent posts on here i'm starting to change my mind.

Without opening up a whole pro/con fox hunting thing, I can't support foxhunting for sport with dogs, but a shotgun is fine  :twisted:

slowef

Not again damn fox
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 22:26 »
I can keep them in the run but its not really big enough for all of them to stay in all the time, I was here when it happened (if it did) maybe she will come back tomorrow but seems unlikely.

I don't know what to do, I can't kill it I don't have the means or knowledge   or know anyone to help me.  I am at a loss as to what to do now.

The chickens are a bit lighter on their feet and maybe stand a better chance being free but its my ducks and geese who really worry me, their pen means they have no escape if he gets in.

I am very upset I don't know how to go from here now any ideas please?

Selkie

Not again damn fox
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 22:29 »
Do you have a dog? I think having our dog out in the garden in the daytime might help keep a fox away...

slowef

Not again damn fox
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 22:32 »
No :cry:  my daughter visits with hers but he is a new one and more danger to the chickens than the fox as he isn't trained yet :roll:

Selkie

Not again damn fox
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 22:34 »
:( Well that's no good either, I'm so sorry I can't be of any help - I can really put myself in your situation -- not being able to kill it.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Not again damn fox
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 23:21 »
That's a really difficult situation Sandra.  I'd sugest Foxwatch but after Babe's deaf fox  :evil:

How about electric fences  :?:

Foxy

Not again damn fox
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 23:34 »
I have to say after having a "predator fox" picking of ALL next doors birds over a 2 week period that electric fencing is an excellent deterrent. Once a perisistent fox has been identified you can then "bait" the fence to encourage the fox to the fence to get his "shock" this bait system is relatively new -but useful with training foxes not to try your chicken run. We have not lost one bird with our electified fencing. Interestingly I have observed a fox late morning pace around no closer than around a foot of the fence a if he knew it was electrifed. It was absolutely incredible to watch, a beautiful dog fox as well.

xx
Damn those Crows....

Started by Piglit's Pullets on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 24, 2008, 13:18
by Piglit's Pullets

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 32 queries.