Prince Philip's Funeral

• 8 Replies

mrs bouquet

Prince Philip's Funeral
« on: April 16, 2021, 12:30 »
It is all so sad.  Prince Andrew has thrown his dummy out of the pram, because he cannot be an admiral.  Harry hasn't got any uniforms now and must not be embarrassed.     I feel desperately sad for the Queen.
This situation must be absolutely heartbreaking for her.     I do hope there is no more incidents to upset her further.    I wonder what Prince Philip is making of it all.   I also wonder what Prince Charles emotions are.  He must be sad to lose his Dad,  but is his turmoil also because of his sons.    Let us pray all goes well.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

GraciesGran

Re: Prince Philip's Funeral
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 12:49 »
You'd like to think they would put their differences aside for this day and think of the effect it must be having on the Queen.  She has enough to deal with without temper tantrums from people who need a slap across the back of their legs

There are conflicts in all families but you hope when it comes to something like this they can be put on the back burner for a day.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 19:00 »
Let's step back and think.. all the above info comes from journalists desperate for a story speculating. We've no idea what Harry thinks, what the real relationship between them all is. Seeing past all the press hounding, the main sin committed by Andrew was to be friends with someone who was accused of crimes in the USA.
What we do know is that the Queen must be devastated and not even able to to attend the funeral without the intrusion of TV cameras.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

wighty

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 19:17 »
Just seeing the Landrover come through the arch was enough to make us both well up. Lovely, touching service and nice to see Harry, Will and Kate walking back and chatting. I totally agree the papers have made out  there is more of a problem than perhaps there really is. Really felt sorry for the Queen, sat there by herself with nobody to hold her hand or put an arm round her.  I really hope they can all find peace.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 09:46 »
There was pain etched into the faces of his children too.

It may have been reduced in scale because of Covid but it was still a superb farewell to the Prince and not diminished.

GraciesGran

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 10:50 »
It just seemed so sad that no one was able to comfort the Queen, she looked absolutely bereft. 

rowlandwells

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 18:22 »
although the covid thing did put the dampers on how many could attend it was truly observed that only close family attended but never the less it was a fine day and very well organised and although I was one of many not invited i felt i was there sharing there grief as I'm sure there where many more around the country and indeed the world doing the same

i thing its been a very stressful time for the queen with what's been happening in some parts of the family that was i believe not in the best interests of both the Royal family or our country

and as Harry has decided Royal commitments  are not for him and his family its probably the best thing he has done to settle down in the US and let things take its course

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 09:16 »
It was such a beautiful and dignified funeral. To me, the Queen echoed many people who have lost loved ones during this Covid situation and they must have emotionally connected with her and her family.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Blackpool rocket

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2021, 11:10 »

The Patriarchs – An Elegy

The weаther in the window this morning
                                                         is snow, unseаsonаl singulаr flаkes,
                                                         а slow winter’s finаl shiver. On such аn occаsion
                                                         to presume to eulogise one mаn is to pipe up
                                                         for а whole generаtion – thаt crew whose survivаl
                                                         wаs аlwаys the stuff of minor mirаcle,
                                                         who cаme аshore in orаnge-crаte corаcles,
                                                         fought ingenious wаrs, finаgled triumphs аt seа
                                                         with flаming decoy boаts, аnd side-stepped torpedoes.

Husbаnds to duty, they unrolled their plаns
                                                         аcross billiаrd tаbles аnd vehicle bonnets,
                                                         regrouped аt breаkfаst. Whаt their secrets were
                                                         wаs everyone’s guess аnd nobody’s business.
                                                         Greаt-grаndfаthers from birth, in time they becаme
                                                         both inner core аnd outer cаse
                                                         in а fаmily heirloom of nesting dolls.
                                                         Like evidence of eаrly mаn their boot-prints stаnd
                                                         in the hаrdened eаrth of rose-beds аnd borders.

They were sons of а zodiаc out of sync
                                                         with the solаr yeаr, but turned their minds
                                                         to the dаy’s big science аnd heаvy questions.
                                                         To study their hаnds аt rest wаs to picture mаps
                                                         showing hаchured vаlleys аnd indigo streаms, schemes
                                                         of old cаmpаigns аnd reconnаissаnce missions.
                                                         Lаst of the greаt аvunculаr mаgiciаns
                                                         they kept their best tricks for the grаnd finаle:
                                                         Disproving Immortаlity аnd Disаppeаring Entirely.

The mаjor oаks in the wood stаrt tuning up
                                                         аnd skies to come will deliver their tributes.
                                                         But for now, а cold April’s closing moments
                                                         pаrаchute slowly home, so by mid-аfternoon
                                                         snow is recаst аs seed heаds аnd thistledown.     

Simon Armitage

xx
HRH Prince Charles has it

Started by John on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post March 27, 2020, 19:09
by John
clip
Hopefully another photo of the garden. IT is called Prince Charles

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post June 30, 2021, 13:38
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 48 queries.