BBC survey arrived..

• 39 Replies

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
Re: BBC survey arrived..
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2021, 11:23 »
Over the past few months I have taken the opportunity to email them when I felt the need to raise concerns and they have responded , which I think they are obliged to do.

There seems to be an increase in strong language in the 'name of entertainment '  and they deem it ok to pre warn the viewer , yet they then apologise when an expletive ' slips ' through .
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

jezza

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2021, 18:14 »
Hello I had the same survey I told them to read the telly guides that are supposed to have bbc times in them and stick to the times and stop changing programmes as they think fit,I got a response from an email i sent about  unscheduled programme  changes their answer was live programmes (news )takes priority over pre recorded programmes  I returned an email to them with a lot of unrepeatable words and told them were to shove their news programmes,  jezza

Growster...

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2021, 08:01 »
They're not really 'news', Jezza, just their own opinions, which don't really count a lot...

It's daft having a big story breaking in the uK, and all they do is 'interview' one of their own auto-cue readers for 'comment'!

Whatever happened to proper journalism? Are they unable to actually send someone out to ask proper questions from people who are actually in the know?

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2021, 15:06 »
I read that news reporting on ITV is better than BBC because it is less biased.   Mrs Bouquet
    Unless its Tom Bradby

mrs bouquet

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2021, 15:21 »
The Second Law of Growster is to hear what the BBC say, then consider the opposite is probably true.

The First Law of Growster is to not to bother in the first place!

. The eye-watering money handed out to the slebs they employ is just obscene.

Now, would anyone like to get me started...?

Growster, I t sounds like you already have   :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2021, 07:12 »
The Second Law of Growster is to hear what the BBC say, then consider the opposite is probably true.

The First Law of Growster is to not to bother in the first place!

. The eye-watering money handed out to the slebs they employ is just obscene.

Now, would anyone like to get me started...?

Growster, I t sounds like you already have   :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

Guilty as charged, Mrs B!

(Note to self - don't moan about other's opinions, when making your own felt all the time)..:0~

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2021, 10:00 »
Growster, if it makes you feel better, I have also been following the Laws Of Growster, although I did not know it at the time.

I am really sick of hearing distorted reporting and opinions on the BBC news when what I want is facts, so I can make my own mind up.  They have lost the plot and their audience here.  I have even got OH watching Sky News now.  They have their bias as well, but at a level more easily stomached.  It makes more a much more harmonious home life though, as he doesn’t feel the need to shout at the TV so much  :lol:

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2021, 10:14 »
There's nothing wrong with bias in the media as long as it's transparent. You know where you stand say with the Guardian vs the Times. My issue with the BBC is that they claim balance and neutrality in their reporting but the opposite is true.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2021, 10:22 »
TBH I dislike Kay Burley and Beth Rigby's reporting style, which IMO was just as biased as BBC's.
Since the Burley birthday party led to them being off-screen for 3 months and 6 months, respectively, Sky News is watchable again  ::)
Long may it continue  :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2021, 05:48 »
My only involvement with anything BBC is via Radio5 Live, usually during the night - on earphones of course...

I actually like Dotun Adebayo, he doesn't seem to take sides, and usually counters 'tittle-tattle' quite nicely! His Thursday 'Virtual Juke Box' progs are legendary, as he has two guys - Jonathan Wingate and Mark Webster, on as partners, and they really know their stuff! The 'news' is never that fantastic and usually biased in some form or other, but the whole channel must have been a Godsend for listeners struggling on their own during lockdown, and some of the callers' grief was heartbreaking on occasions. I never listen to the Tuesday football prog though, as I can never understand what's so important about the game in Brazil, or Venezuela for that matter! It's bad enough having adverts for the league over here, with guys yelling and screaming into mikes at 2.30am! But I suppose this is all what 'community radio' is about...

Chris Warburton is pretty good as well, with a very friendly delivery, and Colin Murray keeps the spirits up too!

And that, my Friends, is 'Today's News'!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2021, 11:08 »
I've come to the conclusion that the BBC measures the success of the news by how much they can depress viewers and reduce confidence in the government. Consider how they say things..
Government minister claims instead of states. Claims almost implies it's untrue. Once people lose confidence in the government why should they follow rules they don't like?
And I really don't want to see features from hospitals - it's a wonder there's any room in ICU with camera crews clumping around. I'd like to see some sensible reporting with some proper analysis and what has happened to the rest of the world?
For international news, Al Jazeera has become my goto.
(10 page rant to follow!)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Snowboar

• Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2021, 13:18 »
Latest from the bbc the are using tax payers money to pay for online lessons for the staff on how to drink water because they are working from home and not rehydrating properly ya couldn’t make it up

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2021, 14:24 »
Latest from the bbc the are using tax payers money to pay for online lessons for the staff on how to drink water because they are working from home and not rehydrating properly ya couldn’t make it up
And a major new series on what to do with toilet rolls to follow, no doubt.  :wub:

Dekzion

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2021, 17:57 »
We've not had a license for a few years now, we don't even have a TV aerial connected anymore. The only downside is the constant reminders/ threat letters from TV Licensing, but to be fair they shred nicely and go in the compost heap.

Raining on the parade a bit, but you still need a license as you are using a computer which is capable of receiving a live broadcast from the beeb. What Rubs me up is that not long ago (in the scheme of things) the beeb upped the license by a tenner to cover the cost of digitizing. seeing as all that's been sorted now why hasn't it dropped by a tenner??!!

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2021, 18:50 »

Raining on the parade a bit, but you still need a license as you are using a computer which is capable of receiving a live broadcast from the beeb.

Not true any longer. According to gov.uk, you need it to watch any live programmes on any channel, or to stream from iPlayer. https://www.gov.uk/tv-licence
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
New seed catalogue arrived.

Started by miggs on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post September 10, 2017, 13:18
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 45 queries.