Anne's to blame!

• 6 Replies

freebirdy

• I'd rather be insane than boring!
Anne's to blame!
« on: November 01, 2011, 08:45 »
Me and fiance toddled of to our breeders free "chicken talk" on Sunday, topic; Winter Chicken Care. Very informative as always, learnt a lot, howerever, I also need to learn not to listen the Anne!!!
"Just go down there Lynn, second pen from the bottom on the left, baby Worzel is in there." (baby worzel being the son of my cockerel Worzel!!)
Off I go, looking forward to seeing how big he has got since our last visit, he's now 16 weeks old and full of attitude! But...... also in the pen were two beautifull buff laced Poland ladies!!!
Aaaaggghh! ANNE!!!
Down wanders Anne. "Lovely aren't they?" 
Me - "Yes!"
Next words that came out of my mouth - "Are they for sale?"
It kind of fell out before I engaged brain!!
So guess who's going back this Sunday to bring home 2 new ladies?? That'll be me then!!
My Worzel will be spoilt for choice - 3 gold laced, 2 self blues, 1 self black and now he will have the 2 buff laced!
(Guess that only leaves silver laced and white crested to go!!!!)
Fiance has banned me from going to the November talk - don't know why!!!!  :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:
1 fiance, 3 kids, 1 fish, 1 cat, 9 poland bantams, 6 Barbu de Watermael, 2 allotment plots and not enough time!

Helenaj

Re: Anne's to blame!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 12:36 »
A classic case of Chickenitus - once caught there's no cure. Symptoms:
1. An inability to pass through anywhere selling chickens without buying them - often has to be dragged away with calls of "I'll have the blue/gold/silver laced please".
2. An obsession with chicken poo - especially the yellow ones.
3. Can be frequently heard entering the coop and screaming "aarghhh- red mite".
4. Frequently dressed in wellies (with occasional dressing gown ensemble early morning/late evening).
5. Can be very boring at parties - "Today Daisy laid an egg - this is the 165th egg she's laid and it weighed 65g. Here, have a look at this laying chart....."

Sufferers are best shut in a quite area with access to "Chicken Chat" and this month's copy of Practical Poultry....!!! :D

kegs

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 13:50 »
Me and fiance toddled of to our breeders free "chicken talk" on Sunday, topic; Winter Chicken Care.

Freebirdy, is this a talk that's open to the public and if so can you pm me with more info please?

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 20:23 »
A classic case of Chickenitus - once caught there's no cure. Symptoms:
1. An inability to pass through anywhere selling chickens without buying them - often has to be dragged away with calls of "I'll have the blue/gold/silver laced please".
2. An obsession with chicken poo - especially the yellow ones.
3. Can be frequently heard entering the coop and screaming "aarghhh- red mite".
4. Frequently dressed in wellies (with occasional dressing gown ensemble early morning/late evening).
5. Can be very boring at parties - "Today Daisy laid an egg - this is the 165th egg she's laid and it weighed 65g. Here, have a look at this laying chart....."

Sufferers are best shut in a quite area with access to "Chicken Chat" and this month's copy of Practical Poultry....!!! :D

:lol: No! No!  I deny everything!  :ohmy:

freebirdy

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 23:18 »
Yes the talks are open to the public, chookie owners and those wishing to learn more before taking the feathery plunge! The location is The Barns Poulty Centre, Moggerhanger, Bedfordshire. They have a website so go on there and you can book your place at the next talk, 20th November. Places are limited so you have to book!
As I've said I'm banned from the next one!!  :tongue2:
Go without wallet/purse! (it's too tempting as I found out on Sunday!)
My fiance has now decided to get his own back on me as he wants a pig!!!  :ohmy: He and my brother in law have devised a "pig sharing" scheme. They said they can have joint custody of the pig but it has to be in my garden - well on the decking area that spans the whole width of the back of my garden! Fence it off, convert the shed that stands in the corner into a pig palace and they can play farmers!
I've given over both my lawns (flower beds, planter barrels, herb bed, ornamental grass bed and the entire yard)  to the chookies - I'm not losing my only poop free garden area to a pig!!!
(that's because I have plans-a-foot to convert the shed into a quail house! Shhhh don't tell the fiance!!)  :D :D
Oh and I very often do grace the garden dressed in my rose and skull wellies and winnie the pooh dressing gown in the evenings stalking around with a torch to make sure all my girls and boy are tucked up for the night so the dreaded foxie and mink don't strike! After that I can be found eagerly digesting the latest copy of practical poultry, sipping tea out of my chicken mug tucked up in bed listening to the gentle tinkle of my cockerel windchime at the window!!  :wacko:
Now to think of names for the two new ladies soon to join Worzel, Lily, Patsy, Dusty, Kelly, Misty and Lucy.  :D

freebirdy

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 22:54 »
UPDATE! welcome to Bonny and Roxy!!! My 2 lovely 14 wk old Polled bantams! Spoilt rotten already! Bless them they have fitted in so well with the big girls and my rooster is besotted!!! Love at first sight I think!  :D

kegs

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 09:11 »
Photos please!

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 30 queries.